JC Penny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Penny

Don't hate on me yet! But I saw this instragram pic from Nick Wooster about his new blazer at JC Pennys.

Pic doesn't look good but in person it's a nice blazer to wear with jeans. Go try it on

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jcp%2...=dept20000014&

What's the material like? A rougher, tweed like? Or more like a fuzzy wool? What is the fit like?

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Looks interesting, I'd like to hear how the material and fit are as well.

Comment

I've always felt like JC Penny, Sears and Kohl's don't get enough love of Dappered.

Sure they are hit and miss - but they definitely carry pieces that should be considered Dappered approved.

Comment

A thinner tweed material - I wear a large and it fit me perfect

Comment

I've registered solely to point out that the new line at JC Penney (JCP) has been a massive improvement over anything they've ever carried in terms of fit. Slimmer through the arms and chest of all the shirts I've tried on so far. Coupled with how cheap the place can be, I was very impressed. I'm not entirely sure how long their new clothing will hold up. I wouldn't expect too much for the cost. Fit is comparable to H&M from my experiences.

Comment

I agree that they've really stepped up their game recently. I've checked out the JCP stuff and some of the new SCs and blazers in there, but haven't brought anything home. I did pick up a pair of the Stafford wingtips recently and have already gotten a lot of compliments.

Comment

I'll be sure to check it out. Still have tags on two AE and a JCrew factory blazers and not sure what I want to keep for fall (or just keep all of them).

Comment

Ever since Ron Johnson took over JCPenny I've kept my eye on them. The man is the architect of the Apple retail experience and really set an amazing benchmark there. He's doing some interesting thing with JCP's retail outlets, and I like the pricing model they're employing; very easy to follow.

Improving the fit and style of their items combined with a better customer experience will probably give them an advantage over similar stores like Kohl's.

Comment

One of the JC Penny's near me is getting remodeled and from what I can gather it's going to look great. They have a Levi "Jean Bar" and one section of their men's wear looks to me like it will end up looking a lot of Express. And they have Happy Socks. I never really went in their until the Stafford shoe discussion on here a bit ago. Now I'll make a point to stop in anytime I'm at the mall.

Comment

One thing I'm unclear on: are JC Penney's Levi's the same quality as the jeans I'm buying at Amazon/Macy's/Levis.com?

Comment

Yep. They're not the knock off Levi's that you see at Target/Walmart. They have 501 shrink to fits for $45, which is pretty hard to beat, even online.

Comment

I like that JC Penney is getting some attention on the forum. I currently work at a JC Penney and I love the new stuff. Ron Johnson and Nick Wooster make a good team. The JCP line is great.

There are also some izod blazers in some interesting patterns and some new stafford slim fit suits and blazers and signature dress shirts.

I'm also going to pick up a pair of the wing tip boots that Joe reviewed a little while back ( http://dappered.com/2012/08/in-perso...-wingtip-boot/ ).

I'm really impressed with the new stuff and the new look of the store.

Don't forget shipping to your house is free for orders over $50 and free to your local store no matter the amount.

Comment

Thanks for the post. I was about to post about Nick Wooster and JCP colab on men's clothing. 'might have to stop by and check my local store

Comment

Im a JCP newbie. So specifically what brands are actually slim fitting at JCP? I want to stop by on my lunch but dont have time to try on the whole store.

Comment

Working...
                              X