V-neck undershirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-neck undershirts

For people who wear open collars to work: What underhsirts do you wear. I'm getting the idea that showing a crewneck underneath your collar is kinda lame, but I'm not sure what v-necks would work. I bought a pack of hanes white v-necks, but they still stick out abouve my collar line. Any thoughts? I'm willing to buy higher quality if it would solve this problem...

I love the quality and depth of RibbedTee (http://ribbedtee.com/).

It depends on the button height and how many buttons you like to unbutton, though.

Comment

I went with the Gap, waited for a sale. They only have regular tees in store now, so for undershirts you have to go online. Got gray and white. The V is deep enough for my button downs and polos.

Comment

Good call on making the change from crewneck to v neck. A lot of the guys I work with wear the crewneck and it shows and I really think it looks bad.

I've had good luck with Jockey. I think in the past I've picked them up on sale at Macy's but you can probably get them many places.

Comment

Another vote for Gap. I wear the grey. Get them on sale and size down - they run huge. I wear medium in almost everything, and the small is still slightly looser than I would like. That said, there isn't a huge amount of choice in grey v-necks (at least not in the Montreal area).

Comment

After buying 2 v-neck undershirts from RibbedTee I am convinced they are the perfect undershirt for dress shirts. Thin, comfortable, well-fitted, durable, and a little extra length so it doesn't come untucked. Well worth the price and definitely get the grey unless you are ghostly pale. That said, you can't wear these as a t-shirt you will look like an idiot.

Comment

I think any visible t-shirt underneath really looks bad, adding to this, I have an open collar right now and the button is right at the start of my throat so I've never understood the need for it.

Personal opinion aside:

You might be able to get away with a Henley and it would give you another shirt you could wear casually instead of a T-shirt.

Comment

I purchased a few RibbedTees (in grey) -- the fit is great, etc., but I've found that I actually sweat _more_ in the Ribbed Tees than I do in a regular v-neck white undershirt from Hanes/Brooks Bros, particularly in the back. Not sure if it's bc they're a tighter fit than the reg undershirts or something else, but it cuts against their purpose a bit.

Comment

@DH You live in Montreal? You could try Simons v-neck T-Shirts.

http://www.simons.ca/eng/product/com...shirt/8855-491

Comment

I wear H&M ones. They fit nicely, are nice enough to wear on their own casually in the summer, and are only ~$5 each.

Comment

I like the "Alfani" brand from Macy's. Very slim fitting & nice V depth...I'm also cheap.

Comment

I'm cheap and have always just bought the white hanes ones. Usually works out to something like $3/shirt. V-necks definitely look way better than crewnecks under dress shirts.

You might also want to consider some grey ones for underneath white shirts.

Comment

I usually go with the 3 pack of Calvin Klein V-neck tees from Marshall's.

Comment

American Apparel makes a deeper v-neck that I often wear under my dress shirts.

Comment

just curious, why would you choose grey under a white shirt? wouldn't that just exaggerate the end of the shirt on your sleeve through the white button up?

Comment

Working...
                              X