LL Bean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LL Bean

Just pulled the trigger on these last night...Will be added to the fall line up with the Beeswax DBs. Thoughts?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/71909?feat=7955-GN2

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Those look legit. A good rubber sole option over the crepe sole DB. What color did you get?

Don't mean to jump the thread, but on the topic of LL. Bean; Do you have beanboots and should I size down on them?

Do you have their flannel trouser pants and how wide are they in the leg?

These questions are intended for anyone.

Thanks, as always.

Comment

I actually got the red ones. In my conversation with the sales guy when i went to the store to try on the shoes, he stated that the duck boots (bean boots) run large becasue of people always wanting to wear thick socks, so he suggested to size down, i wear a 10 and he said a 9 would possibly fit, although i didnt try them on, i would take his word since he got my shoes right on the first try. Apparently the leather on the rangers conforms to the wearers foot. He suggested a 9.5 and it fit perfect. i got nothing for you on the other one.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

I'll have to check my bean boots when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I went down a size. They are great boots. Excellent traction, and very water repellent. I've worn them hunting for a couple years now, as well as for snow boots for two winters, and they are good as new. I did put some sno seal on the leather, and they are crazy waterproof now (may have been before). I've been in streams up to about an inch from the boot top, and no moisture inside at all. Only downside is that they are also completely not breathable.

Comment

LL Bean just started a 10% off promotion today. I pulled the trigger on some 8inch bean boots even though I'll probably get to wear them twice in this florida heat...

@Maxman I like the color of those but I kinda liked the ranger in a low top better, but just my opinion.

@Albert Definitely size down. I'm normally a 12 or 11.5 in most shoes with feet leaning on the wide side (I've sworn off sperry's because there too narrow and wides are impossible to find discounted). I bet on some bean boot moccassins in an 11 wide off ebay and my feet are swimming in them.

Comment

Woah--Sperrys are considered narrow? I've had a doctor suggest I stop wearing them due to width.

Comment

@MagM Probably just for my caveman feet...

Comment

It would appear that mine are a size down, and fit great with midweight socks, but I'm having a hard time reading the size on them through the grime.

Comment

Working...
                X