Help! What to wear to San Diego beach wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! What to wear to San Diego beach wedding

Okay, so I'm going to my cousin's wedding in San Diego in a week and a half and am not really sure what to wear. It sounds like it's relatively casual affair, but it's somewhat difficult to gauge. The wedding itself is on the beach but then the reception is at a hotel ballroom nearby. I was thinking of wearing some chinos (maybe a non-khaki color i.e. these http://www.bonobos.com/po-8823-oxford-pants-orange ) and my BB navy suit blazer to keep it somewhat informal. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

That sounds pretty good. I think the hardest part will be shoes, do you have plans about that yet?

Also, just for reference, I was in SD just this weekend. It was around 80, but pretty humid. It even rained and thundered a bit. But that is very rare apparently. I would plan for 80s and mostly sunny.

Comment

This has got to be one of the most popular questions of all time. Do a lot of weddings happen in San Diego? Or is it just very unclear what flies in a casual place for formal events?

That sounds good with the navy blazer and chinos. White shirt? Brown leather shoes or suede shoes in grey or navy.

Comment

Navy suit blazer? As in the top half of a navy suit you have?

Comment

Because the reception sounds like it's in a more formal setting, I'd recommend going with a more traditional color for your pants. Focus on the fit of your clothes and don't wear things that might draw attention away from the bride & groom.

You'd be surprised at what passes for wedding wear in San Diego .

Throw on a white shirt, brown leather shoes and pocket square and you'll be fine.

Comment

Yeah, it'd be the top half of a navy suit I have, although technically I believe it's a suit separate if that makes a difference. I was planning on going with some brown leather loafers.

Comment

Love the orange pants, if you can't wear something fun to a wedding of all places, where can you wear it? With a navy blazer and white shirt, definitely a great preppy look. Are you wearing a tie? A knit tie might look awesome. Check out the tie bar.

I, too, am not a fan of wearing a suit jacket seperately but if that is all you've got it's not the end of the world.

Loafers or bucks are a good shoe choice.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I'd wear a tropical print short-sleeved shirt, my yellow board shorts, and some Vans. Call it good.

Comment

Id wear a Cubaverea, this one in particular http://www.mkshirtswholesale.com/med..._1_1_1_1_1.jpg a pair of light colored chinos and shoes still yet to be determined.

Comment

A short sleeve shirt and a pair of light shorts I guess

Comment

& the bride wore:

Comment

Working...
                      X