Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a brown sport coat / blazer

Hi all,

With fall coming, I'm looking for another versatile blazer. I'd like to find something brown in color, with either a really nice texture or subtle check pattern. Price < $300.

Blazers I currently own:

- A navy BB Fitzgerald blazer (Link)

- A jcrew herringbone blazer in ludlow fit (Link) -though I regret this one because of the slim lapels. At least I'm pretty thin so it's less noticable.

- A cheap grey linen H&M blazer

- A cheap uniqlo cotton blazer in khaki (Link)

What might be a good option? I'll try to pull up some pictures for examples.

I'm thinking a very subtle light blue or red check probably. Possibly even just a tonal pattern.

Here are a few I like:

Nice, but slightly lighter shade than what I'd want.

Not bad

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" />

This one is more herringbone/tweed looking. Probably too close to my JCREW one.

Really like the check pattern here, but the jacket overall might be a touch too busy:

Comment

I like the first one you posted (that you said is a little light) for summer wear. And the tweed/herringbone (that you said is close to your J. Crew one) for fall/winter. I just haven't looked for one myself, so I don't have any leads for you on that front.

Comment

@Nicholas: Ya, now I really wish I would have bought the herringbone style jacket in brown instead of charcoal. Seems a bit redundant to get both...

Comment

Working...
        X