Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Bonobos compare to Banana Republic in fit and quality in shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Bonobos compare to Banana Republic in fit and quality in shirts?

Spend enough time on dappered and threads, and you hear about Bonobos, I have no experience with them. Their website seems very nice, want to know what you guys think as it compares to Banana Republic, a brand which I favor because their clothes fit me very well , for reference the medium slim fit dress shirt is the perfect fit for me , and the price is not too bad if you wait for a 30% off coupon every other day.

My question is, are the fits similar, and are the higher prices worth it? I'm in the market for some causal long sleeve shirts and BR is kinda is weak in this area. Also, how often do they run codes/coupons? Thanks for any tips.

I love the Bonobos oxfords, i size down to a small to get a better fit. I tried sizing down to a small in their dress shirts and it was way too tight in the neck and body. Medium is about perfect, but there is some slight billowing around the waist.

I would say quality is a notch above BR, but not leaps and bounds ahead.

Comment

Also, there is a lot of size variance in Bonobos. i.e. small oxfords not fitting the same as small dress shirts, and even 2 dress shirts in the same size (but different colors) fitting quite differently. It seems like luck of the draw with Bonobos fit sometimes.

Comment

I have both and would say they are roughly the same quality. Although I can get away with the slim tailored fit line without tailoring, I can't do the same with bonobos shirt fit.

Comment

Working...
        X