Ludlow lapel letdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ludlow lapel letdown

Recently, Mrs. mrd & I went suit shopping & I liked what I saw of J. Crew's Ludlow suit until I tried on the jacket. The 38S was hanging off my shoulders, the 36R fit nicely up top but was too long at the waist, and the 36S also fit nicely on the shoulders but buttoning the jacket forced the inside of the lapel to pucker & look pinched. I didn't think to snap a picture at the store, but you can see what I'm talking about (oddly...) in the website pictures for the Italian wool & Italian worsted wool suits if you zoom in. Otherwise I was impressed by the suit but the issue with the lapel didn't make the suit look like it was worth the ~$600 price tag.

Anyone know what causes this? Is it something a tailor can fix? Or should I go with the 38S & have a tailor do what he/she can to bring it in from the back to make the shoulders fit better?

I have the same issue with suits from jcrew. My shoulders don't match up with my chest in their suits.

Comment

I get that a little bit in their factory stuff. But thats 200$ or less a suit rather than 600. I'm also a bit bigger in the chest/gut right now due to bulking, ill be slimming down soon and it should subside some.

Comment

Working...
      X