This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Rockets: It's just the camera angle.

@acoustic: Many Kenneth Cole rectangular shoes. I was more in shock by what many female students were wearing. Short skirts hitting right above the middle of the thigh and plunging necklines are not my idea of business casual.

Comment

If theyre gonna miss, its better they miss in that direction at least :P

Comment

@Julio That's a really solid bus-casual outfit man, well put together and everything is on point with the fit....and I second that Focus haha

Comment

Was wondering if I could get some feedback on this, was thinking of wearing it to a dinner party. Worried about the patterns on the jacket and pants, and if I should just switch to a white shirt and dark denim instead. Trying something new.

Close-up:

Comment

I'd say keep the blue shirt, change the pants.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Ya, change the pants. Dark denim would look waay better. You can keep the blue shirt, but going with white would be nice as well.

Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald grey and blue sport coat & navy trousers. Nordstrom house brand shirt. Not pictured is the Orient watch that I've posted on here a few times.

Forgive the wrinkles: I am living out of a suitcase. After I took these pictures I noticed that my grey undershirt is slightly visible if viewed from that angle. What an annoyance!

(Zerostyle, you look better in the Fitzgerald cut. Darn you!)

Comment

@Bruschetta, that is a truly stellar fit. I've gotta ask, are you using shirt stays? How are you getting your shirt to stay that crisply tucked? Or was this picture just very elaborately staged? Lol.

Comment

Kenneth, I have to confess that I don't know what shirt stays are. I'll look them up. Please feel free to educate me in the mean time. I'm afraid that I currently rely on a natural method: non-iron shirts combined with a gut that should be flat but is instead round. Thank god for tailoring that hides it.

Comment

Antonio did a write-up here: http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-shirt-stays-hidden-wrinkle-protection/

Basically they're clips that attach to your socks and to the bottom of your shirts that pull the shirt tight. Dappered did a little write-up a long time ago but I can't find it through a search. I confess to use them every now and then... If you've got any kind of gut, it's invisible to me!

Comment

My posting from long ago: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/elastic-military-shirt-stays

Joe in April: http://dappered.com/2012/04/would-you-wear-it-shirt-stays/

bruschetta, busting out the quality!

Comment

Kenneth and nicholascrawford, Do they work? I can't stop laughing at the idea of wearing a garter attached to my socks! Does the clip ever come undone and snap you in the crotch?

Comment

@bruschetta, the fit looks pretty superb. Nice work. I'm fairly certain that Fitzgerald was modeled for zerostyle, I wouldn't sweat it haha.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

They work! They look a little absurd if you're caught in a state of undress, but they work. I've never had a crotch-snap incident, as that would definitely ensure that I never wore them again.

Comment

I need to do more WIWT posts. Puts me on blast to step up my game!

Comment

Working...
                                X