Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub out the gingham for a solid white shirt or maybe even a blue windowpane, and I think it's a great look. I'd fear the B&W ging + knit blue tie + navy and gray is a bit too much for me.

Comment

Met former colleagues for evening drinks downtown.

Shirt: American Eagle Vintage fit (thrifted)

Vest: H&M

Pants: Levis 511

Belt: Perry Ellis

Shoes: Aldo Slayman

Comment

Damn you razor thin guys for your preternatural ability to pull off the casual vest! I like everything about that, Julio, except the shoes. Are they black? I think this look cries out for a less contrasting sand, beeswax, or rich brown desert boot or casual leather shoe. You have an excellent casual summer look but the dark shoes let it down. You did say it was evening, so I understand why the dark shoes were chosen, but in that case the white pants should also substituted for something darker.

Comment

Props on the watch Julio looks nice but yeah what Kenneth said could make it look less contrasting

Comment

@Kenneth: Yup, black shoes. I've never had luck with desert boots; they tend to look clunky on me, which doesn't help when I'm so thin. Hopefully I'll find a streamlined pair similar to this: http://bit.ly/OzfVMI

@Cody: I like the watch, too. It's a Michel Herbelin watch I acquired years ago, though I know nothing about that particular watchmaker.

Comment

I actually really like the tie, Kenneth! I am, however, ambivalent about the pairing of black/white gingham with a navy sport coat. If the navy's super dark, maybe nobody will notice, but I feel like there would be better shirts for the job?

And I also think the casual vest is an underdone look, outside of steampunk costumes.

Comment

@Julio - What are those chukkas? They look like Edward Green. I hear AE is coming out with a new line of chukkas, maybe they'll hit the spot! Alternatively, how about something like this? http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2200

I'm thinking about using Meermin's MTO program to get their chukkas on a sleeker last with that gorgeous rapello suede and a leather sole. Would be simply outstanding with a relatively casual suit.

Comment

Saw them on putthison.com. Look to be by Loake: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/572.php

Those Meermin are nice!

Comment

a couple of WIWTs:

shirt from gap, dockers D1 khakis (long i know, but i'm dealing with that for now), timex watch, cole haan shoes

calibrate gingham shirt (got a few compliments on that one, although someone from upper level management asked if it was made from a picnic blanket), jcrew chinos, cole haan loafers

shirt from the gap, jcrew chinos

Comment

Bobby V, I strongly dislike the first outfit. The second outfit is good -- nice work there. The third outfit is okay, but bland.

Comment

thanks for the feedback bruschetta - with the first one i was trying to go for some summer color in the shirt haha. and yes, summer tends to be very bland for me. i don't layer at all because i tend to get quite hot in the summer so i keep the amount of clothing minimal.

Comment

@Bobby: That full break in the first pic doesn't look to good on you imo. I think you'd be better with a medium or minimal break instead. However, the second pic looks good!

Comment

I'm echoing the crowd here, Bobby, in mentioning the second ensemble looks great. I'm digging that shirt.

First day of business school classes. Required dress was business casual.

Shirt & Pants: H&M

Belt: Martin Dingman

Shoes: Magnanni

Comment

@Julio: Very classic fit! How were your other fellow peers doing in the business casual arena?

Comment

@Julio: Looks good, especially for a first day outfit when you may not want to stand out but still confidently declare that you've got your s*** together. Also, tall. So tall!

Comment

Working...
                                X