Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Bruschetta - thanks! I probably annoyed my tailor by how exacting I am with regard to fit, but it seems to work out pretty well.

Comment

Pulled out the rarely worn saddles.

Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt

Pants: Washed chinos by Bonobos

Shoes: Saddles by Bass

Watch: Black on black super slim by Skagen previously featured on this site.

Comment

@Kenneth, so far the looks you've posted here have been well assembled and fit excellently. If I may offer an auxiliary comment: that haircut isn't doing you any favors man. Maybe you wear it differently than in your photos, but you look like maybe a close-cropped cut would serve you well.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@Greg - Man, tell me about it! It's been a real struggle trying to find a hair style that looks good on me. It's shorter than it appears in the pictures, but it still doesn't look very good. I had an illness about a year ago the treatment for which made most of my hair fall out, so it's still less full that it ever has been. We all can't have your mane, though :P.

Comment

Kenneth, looking sharp. Maybe some product (or a different product) in your hair would help?

Comment

Haha I've lucked out in that department. Have you tried just a really close buzz essentially? That can really work on some guys with thinner hair.

Comment

Scary as it may be, I'm ready for a change: I think I'll go get it buzzed tomorrow or the next day. Interested to see how it will turn out. If it looks bad, I'll just blame you. (jk).

Comment

Fair enough haha. I'm one that also just really enjoys that look. Plus, zero maintenance really.

Comment

Kenneth, if you're going to buzz your hair, just buy a pair of clippers and do it yourself. You can pick up a cheap pair at the pharmacy for the cost of a single haircut (~$15-20). In my experience, the difference between pharmacy sold clippers and barber-grade ones has more to do w/ the durability of the equipment rather than the quality of the cut.

I started losing my hair very young and somehow managed to be fairly indifferent to it at the time, but when I started buzzing it in my late 20's I wondered why it took me so long to try it. I think a lot of guys think they can't pull it off but once you start paying attention you realize that some version of a buzz cut looks better than longer hair on 9 out of 10 bald guys, whatever their age.

That said, I don't think your hair is all that thin (mine was way more thin and recessed by the time I was 21), so you still have the option of experimenting with longer hair styles if you decide buzzing's not for you.

Comment

If you do decide to buzz your hair, my advice is that you get the sides trimmed shorter than the top (i.e. ask for a 2 on top and 1 on the sides). Gives your face and head a better look/shape; plus, if you decide to grow your hair out after buzzing it, the hair won't all grow out the same length.

Comment

Kenneth, I've gone with a short, cropped hairstyle for ~two years. The maintenance required is minimal, and it generally always looks put together. The downside is that longer hair is generally preferred by women.

Comment

@Standard - I'm too afraid to do anything like that myself! If I like how it looks, I'll probably invest in a pair of clippers and some courage (possibly in liquid form) and try it the second time around.

@Julio - Good thinking, thanks for that tip! I wouldn't have thought to ask for that.

@Bruschetta - I've heard that (the womanly preference) thing as well, but I've been needing something to keep the women at bay anyway (arid humor).

Comment

Breaking some rules today, probably won't please everyone.

Shirt: black/white gingham from Charles Tyrwhitt

Trousers: grey flannel Donnanna (e-bayed for a pittance)

Tie: Tie Bar

Silk knots: thrifted about fifty colors for a few dollars.

Navy blazer: Brooks Brothers

Shoes: cognac cap-toed Magnanni

Comment

@Kenneth, you must be in a special place if you can wear a blazer and flannel pants mid-August! I look forward to that weather. Nice fit on everything as usual. Not sure about my feelings on the tie. Mostly what's throwing me off is the knit texture is so similar in scale to the micro-gingham and with the double thin stripe it's kind of a lot.

Comment

The special place is Atlanta, unfortunately, and Satan himself would not be jealous of our weather, but my office is over-cooled so I only suffer to and from work. Sartorial sacrifices must be made! You know, I didn't even think about how the texture would look similar to the micro-gingham, it does boggle the mind a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X