This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nicholascrawford and brushetta,

How tall are you guys? I'm 5'10/5'11 and the length works very well on me. Although, looking at the picture I would guess that NC is maybe 6'1 or so and that would make a big difference.

Comment

Yep, 6'1". Good guess. =)

Comment

thx @bb & trash

- Did you have to size down a 1/2 to get the right fit in the elgins?

- I wear a 9.5E in the 5 last

Comment

I got the same size as my PAs (10D) and they fit well. They are a bit snug at one point on the toe box, but they feel much better now. I'm usually a 10.5D-E or even an 11D in just about every other shoe. The heel area of the 5-last is pretty roomy.

Comment

By request (hi Jessy), here's my outfit from today. You can find it from any Disney costume shop. =P

Comment

The Uniqlo linen blazer that was mentioned by nicholascrawford earlier. It's too darned short for me. I'll probably sell it off soon.

Comment

I think it looks great. Do you prefer your blazers longer?

- wish I saw this when it was on sale, I would have probably tried it out

- is it 3 buttons?

Comment

Bruschetta is a length traditionalist :P

It's a little short and the button stance is high, but the fit is money otherwise man.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Party at bruschetta's lake house! I'll arrive in costume!

Greg - if that button stance were lower, it would be better for me too. I've got their medium and might try tailoring that. I dunno...

Comment

The only time I've ever seen NC wearing something not tailored!

Brushetta, the jacket looks nice even tho it is just a tad short it still looks congruent on you

This wasn't today, just forgot to post:

Comment

@acoustic - i ended up keeping the grey blazer above

- did you find that the blazer became less stiff after a few wears?

Comment

@NC : Your collar looks a bit big, don't you think? Didn't you learn your lesson already? Kidding, awesome costume.

@bruschetta Too short? Looks perfect to me.

Comment

@Json: lol yea its a little bit less stiff. Kinda sad about that as I thought the stiffness made it look a little bit more professional lol.

Comment

itsm3json, I would prefer that the back of the blazer cover my rear end. The blazer tapers upwards in the back so that it is shorter than at the front.

greg_s, the high button stance did not bother me. Until now. Now I see it.

nicholascrawford, I'm staying at my lake house for a few weeks before heading to Glasgow. I suspect that most Scots would think that your costume was "an American".

Acousticfoodie, thank you.

Jessy, do you want it?

Keep in mind that I spent about as much on tailoring as I did on the jacket itself. That's why it fits so well in the body.

Comment

Catching the Olympics?

Comment

Working...
                                X