Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, maybe people generally expect seersucker to not be as form fitting -- it's for sweaty weather, after all. But I agree that it would look better on me if it were tailored.

Comment

Cardinal sin to put stuff in your pockets? Damn, this whole time I thought that's what pockets are for...Thank god for the geniuses on Dappered!

I will start leaving my cell phone at home.

Comment

Everytime i put my cell phone in my jacket pocket I forget its there and go to reach for it on my pants pocket and get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Comment

Hadrian, sorry, I didn't explain that well. The "cardinal sin" was that I put all the bulky stuff in my pockets, and the pocket was flaring out, so I took your advice and superglued it shut, so my iPhone and wallet and keys are all trapped in there. Why did you tell me to do that?!?!?!

Comment

@BenR - nice look, like the shirt. The tie bar is too low. Should be mid way between second and third shirt button.

Comment

Trying on new Elgins. I like them.

Comment

I put some bulky keys in my pocket just for Hadrian. By the way, do the socks look too much like white athletic socks?

Comment

@BB - Digging those Eglins! What's the rest of your getup?

Comment

Oh, yeah, sorry. Target shirt and belt, thrifted pants -- Haggar "Life Khaki" slim -- socks are from Marshall's or something. Timex watch.

And the Elgins are great -- feel good, fit well with business casual and casual suits. The color and burnishing look pretty different than they do in lots of online photos. Burnishing isn't easy to spot, and the color is exactly like you see in the video on the Zappos website.

Comment

@BB - Where did you pick up the Elgins?

Comment

From that crazy Beren heist. $147. AE has them on sale for $219 now online.

Comment

@BB Digging the shoes man, nice!

Comment

@BB -- I thought at first glance the socks were white athletic socks. Could be a lighting thing or the pairing with the slightly darker khaki pants that does it. I imagine with blue jeans, they'd look more cream/tan than white.

Comment

Good point, hornsup -- more contrast would work much better. For my punishment, I will now head to the gym in my work getup and run the treadmill for an hour. (I just realized that my sense of humor might not come through well on an anonymous forum... I am grateful for the feedback.)

Comment

They're really nice! Though I'd probably be more into them if they were the same tan color as the McTavishes. It's probably good they're not. I like your navy belt - where'd you get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X