Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if its new, its a good price. It does say without tags, though.

Comment

I'll post a picture later now that I'm newly employed and have a reason to actually post in this thread consistently, but I'm only 4 days in and my coworkers are all giving me crap about wearing a tie. Haha. Mostly the older guys. It's a good thing it's been too hot for any of my sport coats or I would have definitely heard it hardcore. I definitely don't want to stop wearing my ties (I'm a tie freak) but I also want to fit in with the company 'culture' and at times it seems as if their jokes are actually not-so-subtle hints to lose the tie. Who knows.

Interestingly, though not surprisingly, many of the women have commented on my dress saying they hope it'll influence the other guys to dress nicer. We shall see.

Comment

I'm realizing in this picture that the jacket sleeves are too long. And the pants look odd here, but I swear they fit well.

Comment

posting pic for you

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Thanks -- you could probably follow my flailing attempts to post that. I think I've figured it out now (but the pic is a bit big -- anyone know how to resize? I'm HTML illiterate.)

Comment

Cardinal sin here: bulky crap in pockets

Comment

Haha I was actually going to say something about moving whatevers in your pocket into your jacket pocket but I changed my mind. Pant legs are awfully wrinkled as well.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Shirt - Gap

Jacket - Bonobos

Tie - thrifted

Tie bar - Macy's

Chinos - LEC

Belt - Lacoste

Shoes - Johnston & Murphy

Watch - Ball

Ben

Comment

Ben! Your face! What are the glasses?

Comment

@Tdig: Yeah, I thought seersucker would hide it, but I've gone too far with the rumpled look. It's just creased.

@BenR: I like that style of shirt -- the two-tone (or whatever) gingham.

Comment

The great face unveiling of BenR. Good thing you were looking fresh for it, Ben. The jacket fits you nicely. Where are your glasses from?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@ NC - Yes, my face exists! And debuting in a crappy bathroom phone pic, no less. The glasses are from the "Eyetem" line by Frame Holland and are marked as "designed and handmade in Holland." They are actually metal - the exterior is a metallic bronze/brown and the interior is cobalt blue.

Ben

Comment

Are those seersucker pants running large? They look a little... roomy.

Comment

Is that the bonobos seersucker suit? The pants are kinda big for some reason on them. I need to get mine tapered at hemmed a little at some point.

Comment

It's actually the J Crew Ludlow one. Maybe seersucker generally runs a bit big? And I think you're right, pitseleh -- it's too roomy,, even though the waist fits. I'm a big dude (working on dropping some of that weight), so I'm still getting used to things fitting a bit more, well, closely.

Comment

Working...
                                X