X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Those shoes and lacing are awesome!!
    Obliged. AE Broadstreets. Shame they moved away from them.

That night was Anniversary Dinner at Chops. Forgot to get a snap before dinner, so pardon the leftovers. The banana cream pie was farking enormous and after a 32-ounce tomahawk ribeye, a man can only put so much in his bellah. Also it rained so there's moisture.

20190414_192053 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20190414_192011 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

[MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - I like that you try daring fits. Mine are pretty reserved but you like to add style. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - I like that you try daring fits. Mine are pretty reserved but you like to add style. Kudos!
        Glad you like it and appreciate the kind words.

Most of my opportunities to wear something nicer than the daily camo pajamas entails an opportunity to peacock if even just a little bit. Yeah I've got the usual suspects in terms of navy and charcoal suits, fairly formal j crew crosby legacy blazer in navy, etc.....but when we're going out for a fancy dinner, or up to the Jazz Age Lawn Party, or even an embassy black tie event here and there, there's always a chance to add some flair. Always a time and place for formality and going low-key and still looking good (friend getting married in July and if work allows the foreign travel, I'll be going straight up navy suit and black PAs), and I adhere when necessary. But what's life without a little flair eh? She seems to enjoy it too, and ultimately that's the real audience.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          She seems to enjoy it too, and ultimately that's the real audience.
          And that's what peacocking is all about! Love it.

Comment

Non-stop shawl-apalooza
            BR 100% linen shawl collar cardigan
            This sounds like a summertime dream right here. Very nice!

Comment

And that's what peacocking is all about! Love it.
              Definitely.

After spending well over a year of my life in unfriendly areas and among people who would have personally seen to my demise but for all the well-armed colleagues I had at my side, it has become far less difficult to be bold, head out, and not worry about whether others in the immediate vicinity thought it "appropriate".

Having a job where I needn't worry about what I'm wearing on the daily means I get to play a bit more and have fun with stuff.

It also doesn't hurt that Brian Sacawa (the guy who runs HeSpokeStyle) is local to me--and by that I mean we see each other at the commissary and class six on post (he doesn't shout it from the rooftops but he's in the Army) on a regular basis, so I can bounce ideas off him and get feedback from a dude who *DEFINITELY* knows his stuff.

Basically....life has thrown me some incredibly lucky opportunities that have all added up to an attitude that usually works. And when it doesn't, i have a second set of eyes that says "whooaaaa, hold up there cowboy."

Comment

Definitely.

After spending well over a year of my life in unfriendly areas and among people who would have personally seen to my demise but for all the well-armed colleagues I had at my side, it has become far less difficult to be bold, head out, and not worry about whether others in the immediate vicinity thought it "appropriate".

Having a job where I needn't worry about what I'm wearing on the daily means I get to play a bit more and have fun with stuff.

It also doesn't hurt that Brian Sacawa (the guy who runs HeSpokeStyle) is local to me--and by that I mean we see each other at the commissary and class six on post (he doesn't shout it from the rooftops but he's in the Army) on a regular basis, so I can bounce ideas off him and get feedback from a dude who *DEFINITELY* knows his stuff.
                Oh wow, did not know he was in the army at all, and I visit his site frequently!

My favorite accessory of yours is that horse head. You ever wear one over another, so that when you take one off when somebody grumbles about "appropriateness," you show them you're half centaur?

Comment

Oh wow, did not know he was in the army at all, and I visit his site frequently!

My favorite accessory of yours is that horse head. You ever wear one over another, so that when you take one off when somebody grumbles about "appropriateness," you show them you're half centaur?

Once or twice. Usually I'll have the puppet version along and if the main mask is shot down, out comes Mini-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                    This sounds like a summertime dream right here. Very nice!
                    Oh man, yeah you guys are getting hit hard with some extreme weather, huh?

Robert Barakett Seville Cardigan/"swazer"
                    BR shawl collar sweater
                    BR selvedge
                    AE walnut Strand from eBay.

Once or twice. Usually I'll have the puppet version along and if the main mask is shot down, out comes Mini-Me.
                    Haha love it. Mr. Ed Rogers
                    Last edited by Nandyn; April 16, 2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Failed at the selfie pose, but I think you get the idea:

Bonobos sport coat (deciding weather to keep it)
                      S&M polo
                      AG 5 pocket
                      AE university

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

S&M polo
                        AG 5 pocket
                        AE university

Keep it! Looks awesome!

Comment

Definitely.

Basically....life has thrown me some incredibly lucky opportunities that have all added up to an attitude that usually works. And when it doesn't, i have a second set of eyes that says "whooaaaa, hold up there cowboy."
                          I was at Meade today meeting with some Joint people, thus the purple. I didn't see you. Weird. [emoji38]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                            I was at Meade today meeting with some Joint people, thus the purple. I didn't see you. Weird. [emoji38]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                            Nice! Heading to Gaffney for my afternoon run now.

Comment

Causal work rig.

Gant Rugger M-65 Jacket
                              Spier & Mackay Polo
                              Uniqlo Belt
                              Bonobos Chinos
                              Massdrop x Allen Edmonds Chukkas
                              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

S&M polo
                                AG 5 pocket
                                AE university

Heck yeah, keep it! Love Bonobos jackets, but I'm a frugal jerk and wait for stuff to hit the clearance section then the seasonal sale-on-clearance code.

Comment

Working...
                                X