Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=19670]mxermadman[/MENTION] not playing with fire, but as you said, I'd opt for brown next time

Comment

• [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] -- Is that an Old Navy Mac Coat? How is it holding up?

Comment

• Skipping spring and going straight into summer weather, 78° today in Seattle, warmest winter day ever.

H&M shirt
        Tasso Elba knit cotton & chambray vest
        H&M jeans
        Frye Paul Bal suede captoes
        Modded Invicta diver
        Last edited by Nandyn; March 19, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
          [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] -- Is that an Old Navy Mac Coat? How is it holding up?
          Yes, it is an Old Navy mac coat. I have had it a few years now and it has held up very well. I wear it a lot in the fall and spring. I think I paid $40 for it. It was a great deal.
          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

• Originally posted by theskillets View Post
            Yes, it is an Old Navy mac coat. I have had it a few years now and it has held up very well. I wear it a lot in the fall and spring. I think I paid $40 for it. It was a great deal.
            Thanks for the heads up. Looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
              Skipping spring and going straight into summer weather, 78° today in Seattle, warmest winter day ever.
              It was crazy warm yesterday. I went for a hike in the afternoon and spent most of the time in a short sleeved t-shirt. It's a nice change after our recent snowstorms.

Comment

• J Crew Factory Blazer
                J Crew Shirt
                Goodfellow Chinos
                Lands End Briefcase

Enjoying the sunshine, longer days, and nearly 60° temps today!

Comment

• Levi's jacket
                  INC shawl collar sweater (thin)
                  Gap jeans
                  Frye suede captoes

Comment

• The Black Lapel mtm for work related funeral. I still need to get a decent black neck tie. Thrifted AEs

Yay for pooping in bracers and shirt stays

Comment

• Originally posted by Dun View Post
                      The Black Lapel mtm for work related funeral. I still need to get a decent black neck tie. Thrifted AEs

Yay for pooping in bracers and shirt stays
                      Wouldn't worry about the tie for today. At the last funeral I went to, most of the men were NOT in black and seemed to be in regular business attire. Nothing flashy, of course, but the practice of wearing a black/grey suit and a black/grey tie seems to have gone by the wayside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post

Levi's jacket
                        INC shawl collar sweater (thin)
                        Gap jeans
                        Frye suede captoes
                        Nandyn, you have a great collection of outerwear. Maybe it's a Seattle thing; we're never NOT wearing a jacket of some sort, so you it's worth it to splurge on some nice jackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMann View Post
                          Wouldn't worry about the tie for today. At the last funeral I went to, most of the men were NOT in black and seemed to be in regular business attire. Nothing flashy, of course, but the practice of wearing a black/grey suit and a black/grey tie seems to have gone by the wayside.
                          Agreed. But this is the 4th funeral within the year of owning this suit and I’d like to have a nice tie before it’s a close relative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dun View Post
                            Agreed. But this is the 4th funeral within the year of owning this suit and I’d like to have a nice tie before it’s a close relative

Ah. Wow. I've been fortunate to have only attended a few funerals in the last several years. But I'm at the age when my parents and my friend's parents are getting into their 80's, so I suspect that I'll be attending more in the next several years.

Except for funerals, I have no need for a formal black tie, so I purchased this one a few years back:

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/33524

It's not fancy, but it looks nice and it was inexpensive.

Comment

Ah. Wow. I've been fortunate to have only attended a few funerals in the last several years. But I'm at the age when my parents and my friend's parents are getting into their 80's, so I suspect that I'll be attending more in the next several years.

Except for funerals, I have no need for a formal black tie, so I purchased this one a few years back:

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/33524

Oh I had to get a purple one of those for a wedding. Maybe I’ll just do that. Need to worry about other bills more. Thanks

Comment

Sums up my approach to my entire wardrobe!

And as such, my funeral tie is also a black Tie Bar Grenafaux. It does the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X