This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    [MENTION=12090]Useknifeonly[/MENTION] - I find pinstripe pants hard to wear outside of a suit. A heavy textured sport coat like that calls for some texture in the pants as well.

This and the comment above is good input thanks. These are a brushed flannel wool so I figured that would ad texture to the pant itself. It's also the first pinstripe I've ever worn. I like it, but I'll keep the all of this mind next time. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by zac10sim View Post
      I don't think so, but if you wore it confidently call it spretzzatura and be pround. The conflicting angles between the vertical and canted houndstooth is what does it for me. I love the Blazer though. The tie also being patterned makes the pattern matching a little extreme.

Cheers.
      See I was afraid of that but I think you're right, there is a lot going on with Pattern here isn't there? Thanks for the help!

Comment

• [MENTION=12090]Useknifeonly[/MENTION] Hard to tell without a full body shot, but I like the audacity and the trouser having some texture to it definitely helps create a sense of cohesion. I often find that texture is the forgotten element of creating a unified look along with color and pattern. Speaking of color, the tie picking up the green of the coat makes for a smart look. If anything, I'd say next time go with an OCBD that has some texture as the smooth white shirt seems more out of place than anything else and maybe ditch the tie to go for a more rakish English country vibe.

Also, I don't think you're guilty of any pattern matching here so much as you're experimenting with some pattern mixing, which is always a trial and error sort of thing anyway.

Comment

• Hope y'all voted/are voting today! Good luck out there and don't let ANYONE turn you away from the polls!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/u...-stations.html

BR Heritage wool blend jacket
          Ted Baker shawl collar cardigan
          Gap henley
          Gap jeans
          Chippewa x J. Crew captoe boots

Comment

• Finally starting to feel like a proper November.

Barbour Lutz quilted jacket
            J. Crew wool shawl collar sweater
            Old Navy henley
            Gustin Cone stretch selvedge
            AE Saukville olive suede boots
            Last edited by Nandyn; November 7, 2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Bit of a monochrome vibe. But really liking how it all plays well together. On the extreme end of casual Friday, but it works and is warm!
              Herringbone Shirt - Target Goodfellow
              Charcoal 320 GSM Merino Shirt - Minus33
              Prana Denim
              Chippewa Apache Boots
              Homemade Horween Leather Belt

Comment

• Originally posted by gsxr1000man View Post

Bit of a monochrome vibe. But really liking how it all plays well together. On the extreme end of casual Friday, but it works and is warm!
                Herringbone Shirt - Target Goodfellow
                Charcoal 320 GSM Merino Shirt - Minus33
                Prana Denim
                Chippewa Apache Boots
                Homemade Horween Leather Belt

Looking good. What kind of soles are on those Apaches, my man?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes View Post
                  Looking good. What kind of soles are on those Apaches, my man?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Thanks!
                  Some sort of oil resistant rubber. Not my top pick. Older model boots, snagged them for a little bit of nothing, new in box off eBay. Had to re-attach the heel riser, Beggar not chooser, or something like that ha!

Comment

Thanks!
                    Some sort of oil resistant rubber. Not my top pick. Older model boots, snagged them for a little bit of nothing, new in box off eBay. Had to re-attach the heel riser, Beggar not chooser, or something like that ha!

Oh woof yeah those aren't awesome. I've been looking at grabbing a pair of the Apaches with the big vibram lug sole. I've got the chipp service boots with just the cork sole and they're garbage on slippery surfaces.

Comment

• These are slick when wet too. Figure I’ll try and eat though these eventually and replace with some Vibram lugs ideally.

Comment

Figure I’ll try and eat though these eventually
                        Yum yum
                        Ben

Comment

These are slick when wet too. Figure I’ll try and eat though these eventually and replace with some Vibram lugs ideally.

When I got my Chippewas for J. Crew cap toes, I had them resoled with vibram mini lugs after a handful of wears because I already knew that the original soles would probably result in me biting it once normal Seattle weather came back. They're much more comfortable as they absorb shock and flex better. Plus, I got the full resole at a steal, so I didn't mind resoling basically new shoes.

You'll be very happy, too, once you switch to the lug soles.

Comment

• Fall, day off.

Jacket - A2 Cooper Pilot
                            Shirt - Brooks Brothers OCBD
                            Pants - Lucky Brand Cords
                            Boots - Stafford
                            Belt - Tommy Hilfiger

Not seen:
                            Socks - Tie Bar
                            Boxers - J. Crew
                            T-shirt - J. Crew
                            Watch - G-shock

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              When I got my Chippewas for J. Crew cap toes, I had them resoled with vibram mini lugs after a handful of wears because I already knew that the original soles would probably result in me biting it once normal Seattle weather came back. They're much more comfortable as they absorb shock and flex better. Plus, I got the full resole at a steal, so I didn't mind resoling basically new shoes.

You'll be very happy, too, once you switch to the lug soles.
                              What's a resole like that cost? Wondering if it'd be cheaper just to buy something already lugged.

Comment

• I got a full resole for $75+ tax. I think they normally run over $100. They also resoled using black thread, which in my opinion, looks so much better with the burgundy boots than the original white thread did.

Comment

Working...
                                X