Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More casual materials help, but I love the physical flexibility of wool. i find texture helps more than anything. ie the recent s&m brown slub. or different color jeans.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I think. My workplace is a little too casual for me to wear slacks every day, but I feel underdressed in denim, so I've been wearing a sports coat some days to try and find a middle ground. Not sure if it's working.

Comment

Recommend giving cords a try for the fall / winter and linen or oxford cotton pants for the spring / summer - for some reason they feel more natural with a sport coat than denim (at least for me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Suit: SuSu Napoli
          Shirt: Nordstrom
          Tie: Chipp slate blue grenadine
          Square: Tie Bar floral linen
          Shoes: JM Hyde Park II in dark brown
          Watch: Citizen Eco Drive Titanium from the sale alert this week
          Last edited by ronrob; June 17, 2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION] wow! Looking on point. Very nice. Well done sir!

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION] wow! Looking on point. Very nice. Well done sir!
              Thank you. Only my second picture here - I've been around a couple of years, but haven't shared much until lately.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                Thank you. Only my second picture here - I've been around a couple of years, but haven't shared much until lately.
                Share more it was a great fit. I wish my Chipp tied a knot like that. I have one of the older ones with extra thick lining making nice knots very hard to tie

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  Share more it was a great fit. I wish my Chipp tied a knot like that. I have one of the older ones with extra thick lining making nice knots very hard to tie
                  It's funny, I like the heft of the older ones, but the new, thinner one definitely ties a better knot.

They are within a few dollars of Kent Wang now, I have one of those and I do think it's superior. The KW hangs better and still ties a better knot.
                  Last edited by ronrob; June 18, 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

IMG_20180618_184351_616 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

IMG_20180618_184351_639 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

IMG_20180618_184351_636 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                      It's funny, I like the heft of the older ones, but the new, thinner one definitely ties a better knot.

They are within a few dollars of Kent Wang now, I have one of those and I do think it's superior. The KW hangs better and still ties a better knot.
                      Same here. Been trying to find a grenadine under $100 that matches the old heftier Chipp grenadines. The newer ones just feel flimsier and less substantial by comparison.

Comment

Waiting for the bus.

Jeans - gap
                        Shoes - JC desert boots
                        Shirt - gap
                        Leather satchel - coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friend hit me up yesterday with tickets to a social event in DC; he opted out at the last minute (not a fan of social situations, buys tickets like "yeah i'm totally going to that!" then the day of is like "oh hell no I'm not going to that!"). So we got dolled up and hit the town. The Black Lapel got the nod as per usual, with some horse-related fun via TTB. CT shirt, links from the Alamo (yes I know they're cheaper on Amazon, but preservation of history is important so I'm perfectly fine buying a few souvenirs especially when the museum/landmark doesn't charge admission), and the black Park Aves. Hat is just an inexpensive Scala and sunnies are cheap polarized clubmaster repros, both from Amazon.

(all photos are unedited straight out of my phone, and i'll typically crop for IG so excuse the poor framing)

Heller 10 year anniversary party by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Maj Toure was to the nines as per usual:

https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

WIWY(esterday)

New Timex watch, new-ish S&M suit and not-so-new shirt, Nordstrom 1901 shoes, Berg & Berg tie. Yes, the trousers are hemmed too long. Oh well.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              WIWY(esterday)

New Timex watch, new-ish S&M suit and not-so-new shirt, Nordstrom 1901 shoes, Berg & Berg tie. Yes, the trousers are hemmed too long. Oh well.
                              I'm wearing the pants from that very suit today at work. I'll post up something from the last time I wore it. I'm not convinced it was a good purchase for me, though it looks smart on you.

Comment

A little early Red, White, and (light) Blue.

Shirt: Express
                                Denim: H&M
                                Shoes: Aldo

Comment

Working...
                                X