Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! the stitching looks so cool! Nice post!

Comment

Black Lapel MTM, AE Daltons in Burgundy Shell, CT shirt, Fendi tie, Drakes square, and Bullet Bouquets for the links.

BlackLapel_Fendi_CT by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Horseshoes by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

BulletLinks by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

(and no, my trousers aren't highwaters, i leaned over to get the photo so they rode up a tad. They sit with a slight break when I have standard dress shoes on)
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
        Black Lapel MTM, AE Daltons in Burgundy Shell, CT shirt, Fendi tie, Drakes square, and Bullet Bouquets for the links.

(and no, my trousers aren't highwaters, i leaned over to get the photo so they rode up a tad. They sit with a slight break when I have standard dress shoes on)
        Would anyone on this forum think of those as highwater? Looks like a nice clean zero-break to me, even if it's just riding up a little from bending over

Comment

Fresco jacket with cotton/linen pants

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] Great jacket, S&M Fresco?
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
              [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] Great jacket, S&M Fresco?
              Yep! This jacket fits perfectly but I hardly wear sport coats anymore. Ordered it when I worked in a more formal setting and now I sit around developers in shorts and sandals most days.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                ...now I sit around developers in shorts and sandals most days.
                *shudders*
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  *shudders*
                  Funny thing...one of them reads Dappered! I saw one of Joe's Thursday Handful posts up one day.

Comment

Funny thing...one of them reads Dappered! I saw one of Joe's Thursday Handful posts up one day.
                    You take that sweet boy under your wing and you teach him. You teach him right! First JCrew, then S&M (yoooooo Spier & MacKay), then the world!
                    Last edited by thedrake; June 14, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

Dang that looks good

Comment

Yep! This jacket fits perfectly but I hardly wear sport coats anymore. Ordered it when I worked in a more formal setting and now I sit around developers in shorts and sandals most days.
                        If you don't mind me asking (and I haven't been watching this thread for a while, so maybe the answer is obvious), now what do you wear most days? After years, I still haven't nailed the "casual workplace" thing, and I'd love to know your approach.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                          If you don't mind me asking (and I haven't been watching this thread for a while, so maybe the answer is obvious), now what do you wear most days? After years, I still haven't nailed the "casual workplace" thing, and I'd love to know your approach.
                          I will start with what I used to wear. It was a tie mandatory environment for Monday - Thursday then jeans were allowed on Friday. Since being a #menswear type person I would add a sport coat with odd trousers most days or a suit. My new environment is casual but I am up the chain of command. I am a finance FP&A guy but work in a call center type environment that supports our products. They wear pretty much whatever as I have mentioned.

My day-to-day now is mostly denim. The first month was trousers, shirt, no tie for 3 days a week and denim the other days. Now it is closer to denim everyday. I wear Levi's 501s exclusively and have 3 pairs of varying darkness. My shoes are still the same as my previous job. I have AE Daltons (walnut) and Higgins Mill (brown CXL), Carmina semi-brogues (chocolate suede) and bluchers (snuff suede), a couple pairs of brown loafers, and some miscellaneous shoes I hardly wear. For shirts, I stick mostly with OCBDs from S&M, one of their chambray shirts, and I will throw in one of my patterned dress shirts every now and then. I don't wear sport coats with denim. My other dressier shirts are left for days I feel like dressing up a little such as today's pic but otherwise sit dormant. OH! I do wear sweaters when it is cooler which go with both jeans and your stand business casual type clothing.

I have thought of adding polo shirts, casual sport coats, and chinos but have been on a clothes buying hiatus after picking up some OCBDs when I started here. Polo shirts? Easy enough with my normal dress. Sport coats? I usually only wear them into the office anyhow so spending $400 on a coat isn't worth it to me anymore. Chinos are something I am interested in wearing more but I don't like stretch chinos or dress chinos. I had a pair of pants back in like 2005 I really liked but forget the brand. They were sort of like an canvas type material? I liked those.

But like you I am still figuring this out. Die Workwear and PutThisOn have been helpful trying to implement something of a casual wardrobe. I do have 3 of the same blue OCBDs I wear in different fits so it feels like a different shirt than the same shirt everyday.

I feel like this rambled but hope it can help.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]

you may wanna give jeans + sportcoat another try. That's pretty much my uniform now.

Comment

I feel like this rambled but hope it can help.
                              That does help, but you've pretty much described what I wear, right down to 3 pairs of 501s . Putting a sweater on top of everything makes it perfect (I have 6 or 7 merino V-necks in grey or blue), but that leaves me without a good option for about 4 months a year. Without the extra layer, I feel weird tucking my shirt in (I can never get a clean tuck with any shirts I own), but I feel too sloppy leaving it untucked.

Originally posted by Scofield View Post

you may wanna give jeans + sportcoat another try. That's pretty much my uniform now.
                              I picked up a couple of the J. Crew "un-suit" jackets to do just that. I like the look on others, but it still feels strange when I wear it. I may just need to give it a bit more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post

S&M cotton or moleskin would have been good.

Comment

Working...
                                X