This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TR_strums98 View Post

Picked up the new J.Crew Ludlow unstructured blazer that the site was raving about a couple months back, during that online promotion where the price dropped to $136. Great find. A little tight in the shoulders even in my size (42R), but not deal-breakingly so. A sharp-looking jacket.

Shirt, tie: The Tie Bar
    Pocket square: Polo Ralph Lauren
    Pants: Haggar straight fit khakis, JCP
    Boots: Gordon Rush, via Nordstrom Rack. First pair of dress boots so this is a bit of a test drive.
    Watch: my trusty Fossil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks good! I did the same thing and picked it up on that sale, good to know I’m not crazy in thinking the 42 was a little tight on the shoulders

Comment

• Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
      good to know I’m not crazy in thinking the 42 was a little tight on the shoulders

*shrugs* It’s a Ludlow, it comes with the territory. Thanks for the compliment!

Comment

I'm in the same boat with the jacket but might be TOO tight. Did either of you think about returning for a 44r and having it tailored?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
          I'm in the same boat with the jacket but might be TOO tight. Did either of you think about returning for a 44r and having it tailored?
          I tried it on and it seem to fit well, so I cut the tags off and wore it. Then after wearing/looking harder I realize it was really pulling on the shoulders (not so much that anyone would notice but I do) but if I realized that before I may have tried a 44.

But knowing me, it would have been too big and I would of been in-between sizes like everything else

Comment

I thought about it, but that jacket is already a bit rumpled up top bc it’s unstructured, if I plussed up a size I would have ended up wearing a wool sack with some badass divots.

Again, I just chalk it up to being a Ludlow and deal with it. Jacket looks wicked sharp so overall it’s worth it.

Ludlow pants are a nightmare though. #tamethetaper

Comment

I thought divots were because the arm opening was too small...

Comment

I thought divots were because the arm opening was too small...
                I thought a divot was the pinch of extra fabric that bunches up on the edge of your shoulder when your jacket is too big...

Comment

• Comment

• Desk diving...

S&M suit and shirt, Chipp tie, Seiko watch, Nordstrom 1901 shoes, JC pocket square

And last Friday...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Desk diving...

S&M suit and shirt, Chipp tie, Seiko watch, Nordstrom 1901 shoes, JC pocket square
                      I like that grey... have been looking for a light grey one. You matched it well with the bright shirt. Which type of S&M suit is that?

Also, what is that knot on the tie? Sorry for many questions.
                      Last edited by proteus; March 27, 2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by proteus View Post
                        I like that grey... have been looking for a light grey one. You matched it well with the bright shirt. Which type of S&M suit is that?

Also, what is that knot on the tie? Sorry for many questions.
                        Thank you! The suit is “light grey” but it’s about 1.5 years old so they don’t have the exact one anymore. This is probably closest: https://www.spierandmackay.com/guabe...poray-fit.html

The tie is just a four-in-hand, it’s the only knot I ever use.
                        Ben

Comment

• Today's outfit is an homage to Robert Mueller after reading these pieces about his style:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on...ler-style-icon

http://dieworkwear.com/post/16434395...-in-washington

S&M suit, shirt, and tie; Casio watch; Nordstrom 1901 shoes (black chukkas, probably not Mueller-approved but I needed some cheapo shoes for the muddy conditions today). Not shown, and probably also not Mueller-approved, is a white silk pocket square.
                          Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Today's outfit is an homage to Robert Mueller after reading these pieces about his style:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on...ler-style-icon

http://dieworkwear.com/post/16434395...-in-washington

S&M suit, shirt, and tie; Casio watch; Nordstrom 1901 shoes (black chukkas, probably not Mueller-approved but I needed some cheapo shoes for the muddy conditions today). Not shown, and probably also not Mueller-approved, is a white silk pocket square.
                            Solid work.

Comment

• Casual-ish Friday...

Baracuta G9, S&M shirt and tie, Bonobos chinos, AE/BB Strands, Seiko watch
                              Ben

Comment

• Working from a coffee shop today:

Shirt: Old Navy
                                Shorts: Also Old Navy
                                Shoes: Seavees Army Issues
                                Watch: Seiko SNN241 on aftermarket strap
                                Bag: Filson Briefcase

Comment

Working...
                                X