Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ bruschetta - I'm in western Montana, but not Missoula.

It's been a while since I posted here, but here's me today:

Jacket: Bonobos navy cotton/linen, fits bang-on off the rack

Shirt: Neiman Marcus trim-fit via LastCall

Tie: Thrifted

Pants: J.Crew urban slim fit, thrifted

Shoes (not shown): J&M grey suede wingtips

Tie bar: Macy's

[Edit] Resized the pic a bit.

Ben

Comment

BenR, if I knew you better I'd offer to buy you a drink. I drove through Montana yesterday and I'm up by Spokane now.

Comment

Haha, that's ok, I already bummed a free watch from you so we'll call it good. :-)

I hope it wasn't too balls-hot for you yesterday. 80┬░F in June is pretty unusual for us, let alone high 90s. Thank goodness I work in an air-conditioned office and live in a basement. Even so, I am changing out of these long sleeves and into shorts and t-shirt the instant I get home.

Ben

Comment

Doing very well at Express lately - picked up these two in the last week:

100% cotton jacket - $53

Fitted shirt - $23

Tie - free with my Indochino order

Pocket square - $13 from Brooks Brothers

Comment

@nicholascrawford Love the tie and the jacket.

Comment

Thanks. I need silk pocket squares fairly desperately. But that's after I fix my tie crisis. =P

In case you ever order an Indochino suit during one of their "free accessories sale" periods, you could pop this in your shopping cart until then: http://www.indochino.com/product/Spot-On-Navy-Tie

Comment

How wide are their ties ?

Comment

Yes Yes I need to clean the mirror!

Blazer: Target

Shirt: BR

Tie: Target

Pocket Square: Target

Pants: Bonobos

Socks: Target

Tie Bar: David Donahue

Shoes: AE

Comment

I passed up on that tie one day when I was in Target. Regretting that now.

Comment

@Jordan lol why regret? You can still get it! http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...t/-/A-13930104

Comment

@Acoustic: it could be just the way that you're sitting or you could be a bit bent over, but your tie appears to be quite long in that picture. Do you typically wear it well below your belt?

Comment

I regret it cause it's nice, especially for the price.

Going to have to go back for one.

Comment

@ Kenneth: Oh I'm hunching over a bit in that pic!

Comment

@acoustic n Nicholas. Really like it

@Nicholas I think I might have gotten the same shirt a few days ago too lol red n blue check?. I may return it though. I picked up a small and it fits great but Im worried about shrinkage. If it does it will definitely be too small. Do you usually size up on express fitted shirts?

Comment

Too small/short in the sleeves? That's usually my problem with Express since I'm 6'1" and wear a small. I don't encounter much in the way of shrinkage really - I'd stick to cold water washes and low/no heat drying or getting them professionally laundered.

When something is too big, I'll wash in hot water and dry at high heat! But I would say their shirt sizing is pretty true, except somewhat variable outside of the 1MX shirts. This shirt, for example, was an inch longer in the sleeves than every other small on the rack. Naturally, I tried it on and it fit! I can only wear the 1MX shirts in the S Tall size.

Comment

Working...
                                X