X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elpenguinoloco View Post
    Holiday party attire:

Recently on a tweed blazer thread, someone had said that grey-on-grey wasn't too tough to do. In retrospect, I'm not sure there was enough contrast.
    Can we talk about that beautiful collar roll for a moment? Excellent job! Is that an OCBD or a different fabric? I'm always on the hunt for white OCBDs with collar roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by elpenguinoloco View Post
      I definitely agree. I do indeed have chinos in navy, caramel, and hunter green and I think they all would have produced an overall better look. For this event, chinos would have been a little too casual, and the dark grey ones in the photo are the only real trousers I have. I knew it was iffy; I was just pretty dead set on pulling that blazer out as it's new (to me) and seemed seasonally appropriate. I look forward to wearing it with jeans/chinos in the future.
      I get it, and like I said I think unless someone was really paying attention or was you know a frequent visitor of sites like dappered, I'm not sure anyone would really care or notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
        Can we talk about that beautiful collar roll for a moment? Excellent job! Is that an OCBD or a different fabric? I'm always on the hunt for white OCBDs with collar roll.
        Thank you! OCBD indeed. It's Brooks Brothers, but from the Gatsby collection that they produced about when that movie came out. Might be why I got it on super-clearance ($30), so I'm not sure if it's still around. Definitely the most high-brow part of that fit... The rest:

Blazer: Ebay (J crew)
        Tie: $10 no-name polyester, also ebay
        Pants: target
        Shoes: Aldo

Comment

• Barbour Lutz quilted jacket
          Eddie Bauer flannel button down
          Gustin Cone Mills 1968 selvedge
          Chippewa cap toe boots

Comment

• It's cold and snowy and I'm working from home.

Shirt: LL Bean
            Sweater: BR
            Jeans: Goodfellow & Co
            Boots: Red Wing Iron Ranger in Oxblood

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day, but there's nothing ugly about these sweaters. Happy Friday, everyone!

Comment

• WIWT

Casual night out at a restaurant.

Sweater - J. Crew
                Belt - Ted Baker
                Cords - Mango
                Shoes - Base London
                Jacket - LeatherCult - Skyfall Bespoke Replica
                Watch - Vintage 1985 East German Ruhla

Comment

• Originally posted by Publius View Post
                  Casual night out at a restaurant.

How do you like that leather jacket? How was the sizing on it (did you go with normal/slim listed size or have them custom size it?)
                  Last edited by Nandyn; December 16, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• WIWT

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                    How do you like that leather jacket? How was the sizing on it (did you go with normal/slim listed size or have them custom size it?)
                    I love it. I was pretty skeptical when I ordered. But was blown away when it arrived and quickly ordered a second.

That jacket is bespoke. Measurements taken from another slim fit jacket I own which fits perfect but cost 4x more...

It fits exactly like the other jacket. So if you give them the measurements they want, and they are accurate, you get what you order.

But be careful. No returns... I’m not sure how the off the rack sizes fit.

The leather choices are large. Hard to judge the leather prior unless you buy a kit of samples. I just bought a color and description that fit with what I wanted. It is good leather. One of the joys of wearing it is the smell. I love that leather smell.

My full review of LeatherCult.com is here: Bespoke and good value leather jackets

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Comment

• Originally posted by Publius View Post
                      I love it. I was pretty skeptical when I ordered. But was blown away when it arrived and quickly ordered a second.

That jacket is bespoke. Measurements taken from another slim fit jacket I own which fits perfect but cost 4x more...

It fits exactly like the other jacket. So if you give them the measurements they want, and they are accurate, you get what you order.

But be careful. No returns... I’m not sure how the off the rack sizes fit.

The leather choices are large. Hard to judge the leather prior unless you buy a kit of samples. I just bought a color and description that fit with what I wanted. It is good leather. One of the joys of wearing it is the smell. I love that leather smell.

My full review of LeatherCult.com is here: Bespoke and good value leather jackets

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Wondering what your frame of reference is for the strong endorsement. Looking around the web, there are plenty of negative reviews about the quality, fit, and sketchy business practices like image theft (http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/vie...hercult#p48542)

Personally I just find it difficult to believe that a jacket that costs $130 can possibly use good leather, when it's nearly impossible to find a $130 pair of shoes that uses good leather. Also sorry for being nitpicky but it's MTM not bespoke. That being said, it looks like what you're getting is good relative to the cost (considering a faux leather jacket from Zara costs nearly as much), but I'm confused as to whether you're saying this is a good purchase relative to cost or if you're saying that this is as good as a $600 jacket.
                      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• WIWT

Originally posted by Token View Post
                        Wondering what your frame of reference is for the strong endorsement. Looking around the web, there are plenty of negative reviews about the quality, fit, and sketchy business practices like image theft (http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/vie...hercult#p48542)

Personally I just find it difficult to believe that a jacket that costs $130 can possibly use good leather, when it's nearly impossible to find a $130 pair of shoes that uses good leather. Also sorry for being nitpicky but it's MTM not bespoke. That being said, it looks like what you're getting is good relative to the cost (considering a faux leather jacket from Zara costs nearly as much), but I'm confused as to whether you're saying this is a good purchase relative to cost or if you're saying that this is as good as a $600 jacket.
                        Is it sketchy. You bet. The website is clearly not up to big business standards. Not even close. This is clearly an independent operation out of India. Some of the designs are hideous too. I also saw the crappy reviews here and there online prior to ordering. I think many people struggle with the measurements in hindsight. Again, when I ordered from here I was prepared to be ripped off, eg. never get the product or receive something very different in size or appearance. It was a total crap shoot. An experiment. I think the skepticism is warranted.

But for me, none of this happened. That’s why I mentioned LeatherCult a few times here.

The leather is 100% real lamb. No doubt about that based on smell, texture, imperfections, water absorption etc. As to the grain etc. I’m not sure what it would be rated. But next to a Danier jacket I own, which was worth much more than I paid for the LeatherCult jackets, I can’t tell the difference in material. I may even slightly prefer the LeatherCult material. It seems to drape better. However, this might be due to the fit.

Is it risky? You bet. You can’t return it. You can only ball park the leather itself based on some jpeg images and so-so descriptions. This is very limiting and probably a game breaker for many. The sizing certainly seems problematic to some people. Take extra caution with this if you are ordering. I suggest using another similar fitting jacket as a model. But with these downsides, it is unbelievably discounted compared to what is sold via mainstream channels. So this is the game you play.

But if you got measurements that work, like it seems I do, and shell out for the more expensive leathers offered, then it is probably the best value item I’ve stumbled across this year.

My advice if ordering. Keep your expectations within reason. You are paying less than 200. But hope for a surprise. I was surprised.

Happy to post more detailed images of the leather for those interested.
                        Last edited by Publius; December 17, 2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• First post! Not a whole outfit - just thought I'd point out a style of boot often left out on Dappered - the Engineer Boot!

This pair is from someone called Jones Bootmaker. Never heard of them, bought these babies off eBay. All leather outer, rubber sole, wool lined calf (they go about 1/3 up the calf). Unfortunately a 42 is not always a 42 so this pair is a half to a whole size too big.

Anyway, thought you guys might find it interesting to throw into the rotation.

Comment

• sorry, couldn't edit my old post, so just whacked this here instead

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• WIWT

Originally posted by Publius View Post
                                Is it sketchy. You bet. The website is clearly not up to big business standards. Not even close. This is clearly an independent operation out of India. Some of the designs are hideous too. I also saw the crappy reviews here and there online prior to ordering. I think many people struggle with the measurements in hindsight. Again, when I ordered from here I was prepared to be ripped off, eg. never get the product or receive something very different in size or appearance. It was a total crap shoot. An experiment. I think the skepticism is warranted.

But for me, none of this happened. That’s why I mentioned LeatherCult a few times here.

The leather is 100% real lamb. No doubt about that based on smell, texture, imperfections, water absorption etc. As to the grain etc. I’m not sure what it would be rated. But next to a Danier jacket I own, which was worth much more than I paid for the LeatherCult jackets, I can’t tell the difference in material. I may even slightly prefer the LeatherCult material. It seems to drape better. However, this might be due to the fit.

Is it risky? You bet. You can’t return it. You can only ball park the leather itself based on some jpeg images and so-so descriptions. This is very limiting and probably a game breaker for many. The sizing certainly seems problematic to some people. Take extra caution with this if you are ordering. I suggest using another similar fitting jacket as a model. But with these downsides, it is unbelievably discounted compared to what is sold via mainstream channels. So this is the game you play.

But if you got measurements that work, like it seems I do, and shell out for the more expensive leathers offered, then it is probably the best value item I’ve stumbled across this year.

My advice if ordering. Keep your expectations within reason. You are paying less than 200. But hope for a surprise. I was surprised.

Happy to post more detailed images of the leather for those interested.
                                As promised. Here are some close up shots of three leathers from three different jackets ordered from LeatherCult.

Make of it what you will.

Jacket 1

Comment

Working...
                                X