Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some socks this weekend, 2 of the CK egyptian cotton ones that were mentioned in another thread and then these Boss Orage ones, didn't quite get the purple I was whining about finding. And mobile image shack didn't want to resize, so thumbnail should work.

Comment

Just trying different colours, picked up 3 pairs of socks on weekend(for $40...ouch), unfortunately uploading from phone, imageshack won't resize for me so I took it at 0.4 MP.

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-12

Comment

@Shadow, I always thought the mesh and leather shoes looked odd, but they actually look rather good on your feet. Kudos.

Comment

Hah thanks.

I honestly thought I wouldn't like them, but for $100 with flannel bags included it was a good risk. Pleasantly surprised, they are great for cooking hot days at work, that mesh keeps your feet feeling good.

They are more subtle design compared to the white linen and brown ones they sell.

Comment

@shad0w4life - You mention needing to go back to the Seven store in Vegas in order to purchase new jeans.. I would highly recommend against buying more Seven for all Mankind jeans. They are only expensive because of the name and where they're sold, and not because of the materials or construction used. You could easily get a well made raw selvedge denim for the same price as a new pair of Sevens, that will last much longer and look much better. A pair of APCs, Nudie Jeans, Naked & Famous, or Sugar Canes will be a much better investment..

Those strawfuts do look awesome though!

Comment

@redsubway, the vest looks great. And dude, you have like the same hair as me, way to go!

Comment

Thmage: The reason I lean towards 7's is that they are made in the USA(I like to help the poor USAians, that's right American is too general a term ) and vegas I can get pairs for $50-$150 which is cheap by most standards. Along with females tend to notice them and compliments etc, previously I was quite happy with just Buffalo brand jeans.

I've never heard of APC, Naked and Famous or Sugar Canes; most likely they aren't all over Canada. I will keep an eye out for them, I've made a rule now to try different brands of clothing to learn what fits etc.

Comment

And finally 3rd pair of socks, in a Fuscia(that's a colour right?)

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-13

The funny thing is I wanted to wear those socks to see how they looked with Walnut shoes..but the shirt I wore is brightly coloured too. Not the best colour combo to have going on, would be better served with a darker top.(Paul Fredrick wool linen trousers, Fit Custom Shirts top(don't use them their CS sucks).

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-13

Comment

@peter bailey - what lace method did you use

on your banana republic suede oxfords?

Comment

Actually several weeks ago, but just got around to posting now. Had a reception at the chancellor's residence, so wanted to look nice.

Shirt: LEC Heritage Oxford

Pants: Dockers Alpha - British Khaki

Tie: Kenneth Cole I think. Apparently it's silk even though it looks and feels synthetic. But it still worked with what I was trying to accomplish.

Sweater: LEC V-neck Cardigan

Comment

@thmage Nice outfit, I like it...did you go with brown dress shoes? The only thing is you may have wanted to go with a blue or different color tie, it seems a bit monochromatic up top w/ the gray but that's just personal preference

Comment

Lol, I would have done brown dress shoes if I had a pair. I just wore my sneakers I think. And thanks for the tie tip.

Comment

Touring the west this week. Any Dappered-ites in Missoula? These are my driving clothes after a 9 hour ride so please excuse the wrinkles.

Comment

Sexy watch! Love the clean faces

Side question: Why does the hem on your jeans look so odd?

Comment

I'll space these suckers out...

Shirt: The Webster at Target, now reduced to $15. Clearly not 3/4 length sleeves as advertised! http://www.target.com/p/the-webster-..._qi_detaillink

Pants: LEC white denim $12 (discontinued)

I found a female customer of mine wearing this shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X