This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chiconice View Post
    How do you get those masks on on your photos?
    1. Put on mask.
    2. Take photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
      1. Put on mask.
      2. Take photo.
      Ha!
      Just made my Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• [MENTION=16026]Nandyn[/MENTION] - Great looking fit!

Comment

• [MENTION=13220]chiconice[/MENTION] Interesting take on the boots. As someone who is over 40, I'm comfortable wearing the desert boots. Same goes for the Stan Smiths. There aren't really any shoes that I'm not comfortable wearing at the moment. That could change of course - all things are relative. With winter just around the corner though, my days of wearing white shoes are coming to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            [MENTION=16026]Nandyn[/MENTION] - Great looking fit!
            Thanks! Had to size down to a 36S cuz the 38S was too wide across the shoulders. Luckily I've been losing more weight and getting more fit.

Comment

• Nice to see I'm not the only one who enjoys letting the mane down now and then.

18672957_640538179473725_1921687404777787443_o by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Although that was many moons ago; this weekend found a nice fall day in Gettysburg accented by some Brooks Shaker Heights and a little JCF love for game pye at the Farnsworth and ciders at Reid's.

20170930_175211 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

20170930_182433 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by chiconice View Post
                Clarks boots look nice and casual when I see them on other people but when I wear them, something just don't look right , I think because I'm almost 40 of modest height with big feet(for my height). I think these apply only to younger than 30 and tall men. I get the same feeling with my white stan smith shoes.
                Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                [MENTION=13220]chiconice[/MENTION] Interesting take on the boots. As someone who is over 40, I'm comfortable wearing the desert boots. Same goes for the Stan Smiths. There aren't really any shoes that I'm not comfortable wearing at the moment. That could change of course - all things are relative. With winter just around the corner though, my days of wearing white shoes are coming to an end.
                I think that CDBs are good for anyone. My dad was amused when I started wearing mine, because he had his own back in the 60s/70s (he opted for suede). As someone who is older than your 'acceptable' range, I think the key is finding the right times to wear them. IMO, as one gets older, they will become more and more casual attire shoes. I think we're all more accepting of a college age / 20s guy using somewhat casual shoes to dress up; as you age, it appears a little more juvenile to do so, and thus less acceptable.

I've still got plenty of use from my CDBs as I'm venturing into my 30s. They're my comfortable cooler weather shoes (assuming no rain/snow) with jeans or other casual attire. I rarely wear them to the office these days on casual days, as NYC grime makes the crepe look like crap quickly.

I do however, get similar feelings to you with regard to stans (or really any white sneaker). I've found that going with canvas (Supergas) vs. leather helps me to find ways to wear them, but I do feel like it's a bit more of a costume feel for me and my current style. That's not to say I'm sneaker averse; I love wearing my retro Jordans 1s (again, super casual, takes the right outfit, etc.).

All this being said, you shouldn't feel like you "have to" wear certain styles. If it isn't working for you, go your own way!

Comment

• Comment

• Ledbury shirt
                    JCF pants
                    AE belt
                    AE Augusta shoes
                    1962 Hamilton watch

Comment

• WIWT

Shirt - BR
                      Sweater - RW & Co
                      Belt - Ted Baker
                      Chinos - RW & Co
                      Watch - Omega Seamaster 300 limited edition
                      Shoes - Fred Perry

Last edited by Publius; October 3, 2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Suit: Suit Supply Napoli
                        Tie: Tie Bar
                        Shoes: Allen Edmonds Strand
                        Watch: Tag Heuer Monaco

Comment

• WIWT

Going driving...

Henley - Triple Aught
                          Chinos - RW & Co
                          Bomber Jacket - Red Canoe
                          Shoes - Fred Perry
                          Sunglasses - Brooks Brothers

Last edited by Publius; October 3, 2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            I think that CDBs are good for anyone. My dad was amused when I started wearing mine, because he had his own back in the 60s/70s (he opted for suede). As someone who is older than your 'acceptable' range, I think the key is finding the right times to wear them. IMO, as one gets older, they will become more and more casual attire shoes. I think we're all more accepting of a college age / 20s guy using somewhat casual shoes to dress up; as you age, it appears a little more juvenile to do so, and thus less acceptable.

I've still got plenty of use from my CDBs as I'm venturing into my 30s. They're my comfortable cooler weather shoes (assuming no rain/snow) with jeans or other casual attire. I rarely wear them to the office these days on casual days, as NYC grime makes the crepe look like crap quickly.

I do however, get similar feelings to you with regard to stans (or really any white sneaker). I've found that going with canvas (Supergas) vs. leather helps me to find ways to wear them...
                            I'm just following along on this because I want to like CDBs, but every time I try them on, they look bulbous and massive when I look down at my feet, and I can't pull the trigger.

For canvas sneakers, I still love white low top chucks because they're not a massive field of empty white space.
                            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                            --Jason Isbell

Comment

• Originally posted by Publius View Post
                              Going driving...

Henley - Triple Aught
                              Chinos - RW & Co
                              Bomber Jacket - Red Canoe
                              Shoes - Fred Perry
                              Sunglasses - Brooks Brothers

Elegant way to go for driving
                              Eat what is good for your health but
                              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Jacket: Baracuta G9
                                Shirt: Jomers chambray
                                Pants: Bonobos Travel Jeans
                                Shoes: Nike for J. Crew Killshot 2

Wedding this weekend:

Sunglasses: Shuron Escapades
                                Suit: Jomers
                                Shirt/tie: Ledbury
                                Tie clip: vintage via Etsy
                                Square: Ole Mason Jar
                                Shoes: Alden for J. Crew longwings
                                Last edited by Snake Doctor; October 9, 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X