This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"cooler" weather

Finally cooled down a little in Seattle and temps expected to only hit 70 today so thought I'd get started on breaking in my new J. Crew x Chippewa cap toes. These are after a couple coats of conditioner and a light treatment of Sno-Seal. They're a lot more shinier in the picture than in person, but should revert back to the original matte appearance the more I wear em in, hopefully.

JCF "wheat" garment dyed Driggs jeans (got some nice color transfer from these boots, but I cuff em anyways so don't really care).
    Gap chambray button up.

Comment

Suited up for a Thursday

Comment

I don't normally like the monochromatic-y shirt/tie thing but somehow that works.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
          Finally cooled down a little in Seattle and temps expected to only hit 70 today so thought I'd get started on breaking in my new J. Crew x Chippewa cap toes. These are after a couple coats of conditioner and a light treatment of Sno-Seal. They're a lot more shinier in the picture than in person, but should revert back to the original matte appearance the more I wear em in, hopefully.

JCF "wheat" garment dyed Driggs jeans (got some nice color transfer from these boots, but I cuff em anyways so don't really care).
          Gap chambray button up.
          Gorgeous boots. I can't remember if they didn't have my size in stock or if I just snost and lost but I do wish I'd picked some up when they were crazy discounted whenever that was.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I don't normally like the monochromatic-y shirt/tie thing but somehow that works.
            The blue and purple contrast more IRL. My morning pictures tend to capture some sun and some shade making it hard to see the true colors of the fit

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Gorgeous boots. I can't remember if they didn't have my size in stock or if I just snost and lost but I do wish I'd picked some up when they were crazy discounted whenever that was.
              Yeah, I ordered these at the store way after the initial sell out during the sale when they were $120. I was at j crew and saw a returned size 13 and figured I'd ask the sales associate if they could find me an 8.5, and sure enough, there were only potentially two left that were returned to a store in NYC and one in DC. Called the NYC one the next morning cuz they were closed by then and they had me do a store send from my local store and even waived shipping even though I didn't ask plus gave me a coupon for $10 off my next purchase for not having it in stock. Got them for only $100+tax. You might still luck out if somebody held off on returning them to a store until now.
              Last edited by Nandyn; August 17, 2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Quick morning pic. The tie looks better proportioned IRL

Comment

I'm sharing this here hoping that [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] doesn't mind and because he has shared so much of his fashion/style with us I felt is important to do so. It's a long read but very cool.

http://mydapperself.com/ollis-leander-story/

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    I'm sharing this here hoping that [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] doesn't mind and because he has shared so much of his fashion/style with us I felt is important to do so. It's a long read but very cool.

Don't mind at all! Thank you for sharing [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Awesome story Leanderthal. Really inspiring. I struggle with being a clothing perfectionist myself, especially regarding fit of my non-tailored clothes, and I'm finally coming around myself to actually enjoying the clothes instead of obsessing over them, so I can really relate to your struggling with the "perfect" wardrobe, because I've done that exact same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                        Awesome story Leanderthal. Really inspiring. I struggle with being a clothing perfectionist myself, especially regarding fit of my non-tailored clothes, and I'm finally coming around myself to actually enjoying the clothes instead of obsessing over them, so I can really relate to your struggling with the "perfect" wardrobe, because I've done that exact same thing!
                        Thank you [MENTION=13462]nova[/MENTION]! I really appreciate it man. Glad to hear you're beginning to enjoy your adventures in clothing! [emoji1306]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blue and green is one of my favorite combos

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            Blue and green is one of my favorite combos

Aces.

Comment

Suit: linen Napoli from SuSu
                              Shirt: Simons
                              Tie: Calvin Klein
                              Watch: Rolex Explorer II