X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Nice loafers!! What brand?
    Johnston and Murphy

I couldn't tell you the shoe since I got em off eBay a few months back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post
      I know he is [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] also really well dressed. I just was referencing the multiple threads as of late that have been specifically about the ankle and it's presence in the wardrobe. Much salt there is about it.

If you love them then by god man, wear them.

I don't have any issue with showing some ankle and I do it myself sometimes. It just looked like his trousers were halfway up his calves and his sleeves were halfway up his forearms. If he's comfortable rocking that look, more power to him. I'm just offering up my opinion ┬»\_(ツ)_/┬»

Comment

Haven't posted in a while.
        Suit: SuitSupply
        Shirt: Spier and Mackay
        Tie: Christian Berg
        Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          Haven't posted in a while.
          Suit: SuitSupply
          Shirt: Spier and Mackay
          Tie: Christian Berg
          Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Wonderful! How's the B&B grenadine? Does it have a nice interlining? I ask because I'm in the market but I like my ties to have a strong lining and can't find that info in the description on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
            Wonderful! How's the B&B grenadine? Does it have a nice interlining? I ask because I'm in the market but I like my ties to have a strong lining and can't find that info in the description on their website.
            This is actually a company called Christian Berg. I got it while visiting my wife's family in Germany. I cannot speak to B&B but was told by a member who used to post here that they are in line with SuitSupply ties but B&B grenadines are not worth it.

I recently switched from a double FIH to a single FIH and have had a lot better results getting a nice dimple with all of my ties from cheap to expensive.

SuitSupply is likely to run another outlet this summer and their 3 for $65 is a good deal and they usually have a big selection. Once you get into the $50-$75 range, you have Chipp Neckwear, eBay Drake's NWOT, eBay Marinella, Conrad Wu sale, Yellowhook super sale, Barney's Warehouse sale items (Eidos, Drake's, and others). I made an eBay custom search a while back to look for ties and you can get some good deals on really nice ties though sometimes the lack of information, good pictures, and measurements can make it a gamble. Also knowing recent tags from 10-15 year old tags is tough.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                This is actually a company called Christian Berg. I got it while visiting my wife's family in Germany. I cannot speak to B&B but was told by a member who used to post here that they are in line with SuitSupply ties but B&B grenadines are not worth it.

I recently switched from a double FIH to a single FIH and have had a lot better results getting a nice dimple with all of my ties from cheap to expensive.

SuitSupply is likely to run another outlet this summer and their 3 for $65 is a good deal and they usually have a big selection. Once you get into the $50-$75 range, you have Chipp Neckwear, eBay Drake's NWOT, eBay Marinella, Conrad Wu sale, Yellowhook super sale, Barney's Warehouse sale items (Eidos, Drake's, and others). I made an eBay custom search a while back to look for ties and you can get some good deals on really nice ties though sometimes the lack of information, good pictures, and measurements can make it a gamble. Also knowing recent tags from 10-15 year old tags is tough.
                Oh haha my bad for misreading! I'm like 90% committed to buying a couple off of Chipp, actually. I've read tons of good reviews, but they almost never have the color I want in-stock!

Comment

Comment

^ Wow - slayin' it as usual. You should really be in GQ or something.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                      ^ Wow - slayin' it as usual. You should really be in GQ or something.
                      Haha, thank you ever so kindly!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                        Haha, thank you ever so kindly!

I know we've tossed around the idea of you doing a style blog, which admittedly can be extremely difficult to pull off, but have you thought about simply doing reviews? You seem to own a good amount of apparel, and it would be nice to get your opinion on various brands (quality, fit, service, etc.). Toss in pictures of you wearing them pre and post tailoring, and you've got an Instagram + review blog vibe going. Another option would be to see if Joe is in need of staff to review gear here on our very own Dappered.com site.

Keep on keepin' on man!
                        Last edited by iviustang50h; June 1, 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Been a while since I've posted here, but haven't done much off the beaten path to warrant a post. Was interviewing a candidate, so suited up.

Knot Standard glen plaid suit
                          Ratio (very small) check shirt
                          Chipp wine grenadine tie

Comment

Jcrew linen pants
                            Uniqlo shirt
                            Lands end blazer
                            Shoes from 3dmlifestyle.com
                            IWC watch

Comment

A rare day not wearing camo, as we have a tech conference at JHU's Applied Physics Lab. They said business casual, but nah. O-6 boss is suited, so I am too. Suitsupply navy Lazio, BB club collar shirt, and my Shantung tie that Barney's accidentally double-discounted. ;D

https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X