Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall a sleeker look; toebox feels about the same but more instep forgiveness. I just go with brannock (9.5B) to start with everything I've ordered from AE (save for a couple boots in 9.5D that weren't available in B, and Dalton is best in 10B for me) and it's worked out so far.

The leather on these though, considerably softer than my Strands but in a good way. They're extremely comfy and I could see myself rockin' em a LOT this season.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
      Overall a sleeker look; toebox feels about the same but more instep forgiveness. I just go with brannock (9.5B) to start with everything I've ordered from AE (save for a couple boots in 9.5D that weren't available in B, and Dalton is best in 10B for me) and it's worked out so far.

The leather on these though, considerably softer than my Strands but in a good way. They're extremely comfy and I could see myself rockin' em a LOT this season.
      I bet! Looks like a great summer shoe. I'll have to try them out in-store, but it sounds like a regular 11.5D would work fine for me after looking up the 73 last it's built on.

From AE's website: 73 Last
      Known more simply as the 3 last, the 73 last is designed for classic American designs. The 73 last has the fullest fit measurement in the ball of the foot with a tapered toe and more room across the forefoot.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
        I bet! Looks like a great summer shoe. I'll have to try them out in-store, but it sounds like a regular 11.5D would work fine for me after looking up the 73 last it's built on.

From AE's website: 73 Last
        Known more simply as the 3 last, the 73 last is designed for classic American designs. The 73 last has the fullest fit measurement in the ball of the foot with a tapered toe and more room across the forefoot.
        A bit of barnweaseling prior to my 4-day weekend:

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInv...DIM=D&SIZE=115
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I'll have to go back and check the tag but I'm pretty sure it's a 40R. It's definitely larger though by fit and the measurements on the websites. Mainly the chest which is 0.4 inches larger than the Havana so I thought that would be manageable. My S&M is definitely more fitted than the Havana but the difference is not all that noticeable.

S&M 38R Cont./Havana 40R/ Lazio 40R
          Chest: 41.7/43.3/43.7
          Waist: 37/39/37
          Shoulder: 17.7/18.1/18.1
          Length: 29.5/29.9/29.9

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            And for the record, I went a bit more casual for walking around Colonial Williamsburg.

18672957_640538179473725_1921687404777787443_o by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
            Nice! Here is my casual look. Going tieless and letting the hair grow out really brings a mellow vibe.

Comment

SuitSupply Lazio jacket
              Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
              Gagliardi Pocket Square
              Casio Watch (because I couldn't find my Daniel Wellington this morning)
              Spier & Mackay Trousers
              Allen Edmonds McAllisters
              Effin love the subtle pattern variation between the pants and jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Memorial Day at the lake... hyper casual.

JCF t-shirt, Original Penguin board shorts, Nike SB sneakers, Seiko watch
                Ben

Comment

Per [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] 's request: the first real linen day of the season. (Ignore the sticker; it's a "you've-paid-the-garden's-entrance-fee" deal.)

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...9e&oe=59E9B21E
                  https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...11&oe=59AC2E62
                  https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...d6&oe=59E7A059

- J Crew Ludlow linen jacket from ~2013
                  - J Crew linen-cotton trousers from last year (they're actually green and tan horizontal striped; the tee and lighting make them look bluer)
                  - Gustin cotton tee
                  - Bresciani linen socks (through Exquisite Trimmings sale)
                  - AE Ascher bourbon loafers
                  - Pocket square is friendmade from some funky vintage cotton fabric she found; it's polka dotted with one dot replaced by a black rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
                    Per [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] 's request: the first real linen day of the season. (Ignore the sticker; it's a "you've-paid-the-garden's-entrance-fee" deal.)
                    I gotta tell ya, man. I'm not a fan. I get that you're going for the cropped look, but it makes everything just look too small here.

Comment

I gotta tell ya, man. I'm not a fan. I get that you're going for the cropped look, but it makes everything just look too small here.
                      It's cool. I feel roughly the same about trousers with a break.

Comment

From a couple days ago, but I just got my photobucket to work again. Sundays are hot here in Texas so linen is a must. Also I'm starting an instagram account for my outfits so feel free to give me a follow "@closetmajor".

Blazer: JCF
                        Linen Shirt: JCF
                        PS: TieBar
                        Pants: Bonobos (thrifted)
                        Shoes: JCrew

Comment

It's cool. I feel roughly the same about trousers with a break.

Haters gonna hate.

But I don't have a problem with a little ankle friend.

I will say the socks do throw me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post

Haters gonna hate.

But I don't have a problem with a little ankle friend.

I will say the socks do throw me off.

Nyaww he's a good dude is our [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]. But also good ankle there! But also I LOVE my minty linen socks.

Comment

Nice loafers!! What brand?

Comment

Nyaww he's a good dude is our [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]. But also good ankle there! But also I LOVE my minty linen socks.

I know he is [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] also really well dressed. I just was referencing the multiple threads as of late that have been specifically about the ankle and it's presence in the wardrobe. Much salt there is about it.

If you love them then by god man, wear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X