Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by elpenguinoloco View Post
    Defended my master's thesis yesterday:



    Congrats on the thesis! I would recommend notching that tie bar down a button or two. It might just be the high button stance on the jacket, but it looks really close to your tie knot and makes it appear off to me. I think the tie bar does well to put lines in between points of interest (like jacket button and tie knot) and I find it visually appealing to either have it offset 2/3 towards jacket button, or placed square in between.

    Also, it will function better placed lower (with the whole point of the tie bar to hold the tie, the further it is from the blade the worse it performs at said task).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
      Congrats on the thesis! I would recommend notching that tie bar down a button or two. It might just be the high button stance on the jacket, but it looks really close to your tie knot and makes it appear off to me. I think the tie bar does well to put lines in between points of interest (like jacket button and tie knot) and I find it visually appealing to either have it offset 2/3 towards jacket button, or placed square in between.

      Also, it will function better placed lower (with the whole point of the tie bar to hold the tie, the further it is from the blade the worse it performs at said task).
      Thanks! For some reason I had it in my head as between second and third button, and now recall it's third and fourth. The button stance on that jacket is indeed pretty high. The hot conversation going on here about blazers worn casually has me on the lookout for a casual grey one that could be worn easily with chinos/jeans in a color other than navy.

      Comment





      • Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ricosoltero View Post


          First post on the forum...it's spring and I've still got boots on


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Sharp look.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
            Sharp look.
            Thanks!


            Follow me on instagram [MENTION=16496]ricosoltero[/MENTION]

            Comment





            • Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment




              • Jacket: SuitSupply Havana silk/wool/linen
                Shirt: Sid Mashburn
                Trousers: Bonobos Foundation linen
                Shoes: AE Cavanaugh

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                  A few looks from the week. Happy Friday ya'll!


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]: where'd you get that blue linen shirt in the second photo? Love it!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                    [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]: where'd you get that blue linen shirt in the second photo? Love it!
                    It's a Spier and Mackey from last season


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                      It's a Spier and Mackey from last season


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      that herringbone jacket in the last picture looks like suitsupply. do you mind if i ask for the C### product code?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
                        that herringbone jacket in the last picture looks like suitsupply. do you mind if i ask for the C### product code?
                        C9601


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • New denim shirt from S&M


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                            New denim shirt from S&M


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Tie?


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CMAc7 View Post
                              Tie?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Tie is Brooks Brothers.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment





                              • Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X