Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be hard to find anything better than middle-of-the-road success as a style blogger unless you can find a niche or gimmick or something that grabs a reader's attention and really distinguishes you from the crowd. IMO the hard but honest way to do that would be to provide really high quality, well-written, well-researched, topical, and relevant editorial content to go along with your images. But that would be a buttload of work and, moreover, I think it would be hard to generate that much editorial or informational content on a subject that is as (relatively) narrow as men's style.

I think if it's just the photos and not much other content, it would be hard for readers not to view your blog as more than a glorified Instagram account.

But I know literally nothing about running a blog or marketing or any of that shiz so I am probably the last person to listen to.
    Ben

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        I think it would be hard to find anything better than middle-of-the-road success as a style blogger unless you can find a niche or gimmick or something that grabs a reader's attention and really distinguishes you from the crowd. IMO the hard but honest way to do that would be to provide really high quality, well-written, well-researched, topical, and relevant editorial content to go along with your images. But that would be a buttload of work and, moreover, I think it would be hard to generate that much editorial or informational content on a subject that is as (relatively) narrow as men's style.

I think if it's just the photos and not much other content, it would be hard for readers not to view your blog as more than a glorified Instagram account.

But I know literally nothing about running a blog or marketing or any of that shiz so I am probably the last person to listen to.
        That's basically a good portion of my feelings toward it. A lot of the middle of the road style bloggers, like Broke and Bespoke, have not updated their pages for a while because they've just turned their attention to IG instead. Without a good editorial, it is just a glorified IG account with a bit more personalization. But I dunno, it could be fun! Speaking of IG, if any of you fellas are out there come find me at @ollisleander!

Here's yesterday

Comment

Sumer is icumen in

Bonobos jacket, S&M shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF linen trousers, AE Leidens
          Ben

Comment

Looking good gents. Some of these outfits would look great for the Derby this weekend. Are any of you planning on dressing up for the event? I usually go out on the town this weekend and people are usually dressed up in Kentucky Derby garb. There are always tons of girls with big hats on at least.

Comment

Where I live I don't think I've ever seen anyone do anything for the Kentucky Derby. In any case it's gonna be 80 degrees at the lake this weekend so I will be out of town enjoying the first glimpse of summer in shorts and sandals and a tank top...
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                A few looks from the week. Happy Friday ya'll!

Casual but not so casual in jeans its too good man, feel like you gonna approach hollywood soon
                Eat what is good for your health but
                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - The quarters on the blackwatch are a little closed. I assume the jacket is vintage? I really and I mean REALLY want a Eidos jacket with that great 3-2 roll and those open quarters but the price is a little far out there and I don't know how quick it may look dated

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - The quarters on the blackwatch are a little closed. I assume the jacket is vintage? I really and I mean REALLY want a Eidos jacket with that great 3-2 roll and those open quarters but the price is a little far out there and I don't know how quick it may look dated
                      Yes, it's a true vintage thrift. Found it last winter. It looks better without my arms crossed, but yeah they are close. Those Eidos are sick. And pricey!

Comment

Defended my master's thesis yesterday:

Comment

[QUOTE=elpenguinoloco;271758]Defended my master's thesis yesterday:

Congrats on the defense!

Comment

Sometimes I take advantage of my non-court days to dress casually. Other times I use them to go over-the-top in the dandy department. The weather is gorgeous out so I went with the Montucky Derby theme again....

Ben

Comment

First post on the forum...it's spring and I've still got boots on

Comment

Been wearing the crap out of this jacket the last couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X