Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Alan, nice recent additions to WIWT. I still can't believe you don't get your stuff tailored. Those blazers fit very well. Especially that blue/black HF.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@greg: Thanks! If something doesn't fit right, just keep eating! :-D In all seriousness, the double vents on the HF help a lot (and the full canvassing doesn't hurt the shape, either).

Comment

About as trendy as I get. I wore this a few days ago while going into the city one night with friends.

Shirt: Bonobos Oxford

Jacket: LEC

Pants: Levi's 501

Belt: Narragansett Leathers Hoof Pick

Shoes: Florsheim Haviland

Comment

@greg_s - A bit late here, but I like the casual sockless look with that outfit. Of course, it is painful to see you in the Golden Gate fabric from Blank Label. I've had credit there since buying the Gilt voucher last year. Golden Gate has been my casual fabric they've offered - by far. I ordered a shirt in that fabric - only to find out they had run out. I have been looking, but haven't found one that comes close. Glad you got it though, and you wear it well.

Comment

@redbeardedmike, thank you. I hope, for your sake, they bring it back. I love that shirt. What size are you? They made one of mine incorrectly and thus, I have 2. I'm 6' about 185 with longish arms, so it is made somewhat to those dimensions, but too small for me.

Comment

Not technically what I wore TODAY, but this was for some friends' wedding that I attended yesterday:

Suit: Tommy Hilfiger Slim-Fit - Grey Sharkskin

Shirt: Alfani Red French Cuff - White

Tie: TheTieBar.com - Cotton

Shoes: Bostonian Stockbridge - Black (unshown)

Tie Clip: TheTieBar.com

Cuff Links: Thrifted

Pocket Square: George - White, Cotton

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
              -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

very nice red!

Comment

@greg_s - Sorry, didn't see your reply until today. I'm a similar build - 6 ft and 175. I'm a 15.5 x 34 generally. If it sounds like that might be a match to your shirt, you can get in touch at silencio at gmail.

Oh, and @redsubway, nice look! Way to rock the gray.

Comment

Been months since I posted, but have still be reading.

EDIT - Picture fixed

Blazer: Tallia Orange (as featured here)

Shirt: Brooks Brother's Non-Iron Slim-Fit (shoulda bought extra-slim, had to have it tailored)

Pocket Square: Men's Wearhouse

Belt: Boggi (bough personally in Milan )

Jeans: John Varvatos

Not pictured: This watch, these shoes, and navy knot cufflinks

Comment

Nice look Peter. It's got an effortless feel to it. Good to see you back.

Comment

Awesome peter. Really liking that blazer.

Comment

Haven't posted in awhile.

Comment

I think you just won.

Comment

Wow... does your stethoscope match your pocket square?

Comment

@Acousticfoodie: Now, that's some pants! I like that pant/shirt/tie combo over the one posted over there...it somehow tones down a bit the contrast top/bottom. Now, matching your pocket square to your stethoscope, that's original!

Comment

Working...
                                X