Originally posted by MediumTex View Post
    What's the brand of that sportcoat?
    Cantarelli

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post

Jacket is awesome but couple of things I feel need to be checked, I feel either both sides of tie should be equal or the thinner side should not be longer, while wearing, I hope you got the point. Secondly tie shade is not contrasting right with this awesome jacket.
        Hope you wont mind I said it straightly.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

[MENTION=16292]arash799[/MENTION] - I am digging those fits. You are bolder in color choice that I am!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            [MENTION=16292]arash799[/MENTION] - I am digging those fits. You are bolder in color choice that I am!
            Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of S&M's new summer weight oxfords. They're fantastic, I highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                Jacket is awesome but couple of things I feel need to be checked, I feel either both sides of tie should be equal or the thinner side should not be longer, while wearing, I hope you got the point. Secondly tie shade is not contrasting right with this awesome jacket.
                Hope you wont mind I said it straightly.
                I think this is a more "sprezz" way and is done on purpose. Def not everyone's cup of tea though.

Comment

One of S&M's new summer weight oxfords. They're fantastic, I highly recommend!

Oh dang! Been busy looking at some of the new suiting options that I didn't even think about new shirts. I have a couple of their regular oxfords and love them. Looks like I'll be picking up a new shirt or two

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                    Oh dang! Been busy looking at some of the new suiting options that I didn't even think about new shirts. I have a couple of their regular oxfords and love them. Looks like I'll be picking up a new shirt or two
                    Yeah, they're great. Super light and breathable. Sick collar roll. The new chambray is nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Manscaper View Post
                      I think this is a more "sprezz" way and is done on purpose. Def not everyone's cup of tea though.
                      A lot of my ties end up this way (or even longer on the tail end) just because I am short-ish and prefer really small, four-in-hand knots. Doesn't really bug me and it's not usually very visible if I've got my jacket buttoned.
                      Ben

Comment

I'm in the same boat, 5'7" and a tiny 14.5" neck leaves me with a bit of extra length with most ties unless I do a large knot. Typically I'll just tuck the skinny end into my shirt or hide it underneath my jacket or a sweater.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          Yeah, they're great. Super light and breathable. Sick collar roll. The new chambray is nice too.

Damn you all... I have been doing SUCH a good job resisting buying new stuff from S&M.
                          Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] yeah, me to. But I broke down. I'll break down again once these linen button downs hit the shelves too.

Comment

First time WIWT posting, so forgive the inexpensive cellphone photos. The outfit includes: Banana Republic grey cotton-blend blazer; Old Navy white OCBD; Lands End blue chinos; brown Stafford oxford boots; Tag Heuer on a mesh bracelet.

The blazer was an impulse purchase as it was a sale item that was just too inexpensive to pass up. After I received it in the mail, I realized two things:
                              1. Functional sleeve buttons really are a royal pain-in-the-rear.
                              2. Light grey isn't an easy color to match, especially when the material has a somewhat smooth finish.

My tailor told me that it would be too time-consuming (i.e. expensive) to try and fix the sleeves, so the blazer sat unused in my closet for several months while I tried to decide what to do with it. I eventually ended up taking the sleeve apart myself and hand-sewed the hem. Thankfully it turned out okay. The sleeve buttons are now 1" from the end, rather than the usual 1.5". The seams aren't perfect, but you can't tell when the buttons are done up. As for finding a suitable pair of pants to wear with it, the smooth finish of the material didn't look quite right with jeans, so I paired it with some dark blue chinos. I may still wear it with a pair of black jeans that I own, but I'll have to find a suitable shirt to complete the ensemble.

Last edited by TMann; April 10, 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=15111]TMann[/MENTION] - That is a solid fit and Dappered friendly!

Comment

Working...
                                X