This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryn View Post
    There is some clashing there, at first I thought it was the pants, but now I am thinking the jacket looks out of place.
    I see what you are saying about the jacket. It looks really new ...and to me new denim jackets always look a little out of place until they break in and drape more naturally and develop some fading, so I guess I was attributing the out of placeness to that and not the actual garment selection. I could be off base though.

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] [MENTION=15504]Me27[/MENTION] thanks for the feedback. I was trying tone down the dressy shirt / tie and black balmorals with the casual jacket. A blazer seems a bit much at my workplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
        [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] [MENTION=15504]Me27[/MENTION] thanks for the feedback. I was trying tone down the dressy shirt / tie and black balmorals with the casual jacket. A blazer seems a bit much at my workplace.

Maybe try for a merino sweater or cardigan next time would be my advice. They can make the outfit look "complete" (I always feel naked in a shirt/tie without a jacket, sweater, or something) but aren't viewed as dressed up as blazers by most people. Though personally I'd say a cotton blazer would do just fine in that outfit... on looking at it again I like the boots/pants/tie/watch if you're going for a smart casual look in the office. Just one man's opinion!

Comment

Friday at work. Warm enough that I feel comfortable taking this Brooks Brothers jacket out again. JCrew pants, BR shoes, S&M shirt, CT tie, Orient watch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome outfit [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] . Love that jacket!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
              Friday at work. Warm enough that I feel comfortable taking this Brooks Brothers jacket out again. JCrew pants, BR shoes, S&M shirt, CT tie, Orient watch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
              overall combination is good
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Trying out black denim for the first time.

Shirt: Gustin chambray
                Sweater: JCF Donegal cardigan
                Jeans: Tellason
                Boots: Alden 405 Indy

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] - Loved that fit with the checked jacket. Looked at a SuSu jacket similar to that pattern but couldn't decide if I could pull it off or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] - Loved that fit with the checked jacket. Looked at a SuSu jacket similar to that pattern but couldn't decide if I could pull it off or not.
                    I wouldn't hesitate to try it. From a distance it mostly goes to solid. I work in a hospital where anything more than a navy suit is considered on the louder side, and the jacket gets compliments (one of our ex-Navy VP's commented during a meeting that it was a nice "seasonal jacket"). I just always keep the tie a solid navy or green and pants solid navy/grey so it keeps it toned down.

Comment

A little on the match-y side, but the trousers are a little darker and patterned, compared to the textured jacket.

Spier & Mackay jacket, shirt, and trousers
                      J. Crew Pocket Square
                      Orient Bambino watch
                      Thrifted Steve McGuire Shell Longwings

Here's a better pic of the patterns and textures
                      Last edited by CJMichaelRay; March 16, 2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

In honor of March Madness, it is "Wear Your College Basketball Team's Gear if you Donate $20 to Charity" day at my stuffy law firm. So jeans and a WVU jersey (thankfully they won yesterday).

Comment

Tie isn't too springy but I love the rich color.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            Tie isn't too springy but I love the rich color.

Burgundy with a navy jacket is all kinds of classic. Big fan of the subtle textures going on, too.

Comment

It's been a while since I posted here.

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Back after a bit of a hiatus!

Suit Supply jacket, Spier and Mackay shirt, PRL tie, JCrew pants.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X