Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] great tie man!

    Rain is back today. Practicing my selfie skills in the kitchen


    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    I like your approach to be well prepared for rain
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

    Comment


      Past couple days...





      (Sweater is navy, not black.)
      Ben

      Comment


        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Past couple days...





        (Sweater is navy, not black.)
        Top ensemble is quite nice. I think the bow tie clashes with the shirt a bit in the bottom.

        Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          Top ensemble is quite nice. I think the bow tie clashes with the shirt a bit in the bottom.

          Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
          Not sure it clashes per se, but the dark navy sweater, dark purple in the shirt's plaid, and the lighter blue-navy of the tie is a lot going on in a very similar range of hue and saturation. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it works better in person when you aren't zoomed in in HD and seeing less of the suit that would tone it down for the look of the full fit.

          Comment


            Serving face



            Mostly posting because I wear this LE peacoat nearly every day to work but never post pics of it. This has superseded a thinner BR topcoat as my go-to dress coat since this is a bit thicker and warmer. It's not my ideal peacoat by any stretch... the collar isn't beefy enough to stand on its own, it holds onto wrinkles in the back... but I got it on sale for like $100 and it's just very wearable.
            Ben

            Comment


              WIWT

              My style leans cleaned up rugged. Atypical layering up top, a blue chambray button down under a brown cotton henley with some marled texture to it, olive"ish" Lands End ring spun colored denim, AE Daltons in bourbon, with Red Wing Waterbury watch. Not a look preferred by everyone, but I like the combo.


              JW
              Last edited by gsxr1000man; February 15, 2017, 10:53 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by gsxr1000man View Post
                My style leans cleaned up rugged. Atypical layering up top, a blue chambray button down under a brown cotton henley with some marled texture to it, olive"ish" Lands End ring spun colored denim, AE Daltons in bourbon, with Red Wing Waterbury watch. Not a look preferred by everyone, but I like the combo.

                JW
                I like it! My Dalton's are exclusively worn with denim.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  I like it! My Dalton's are exclusively worn with denim.
                  how come? I wear mine exclusively with chinos

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
                    how come? I wear mine exclusively with chinos
                    I don't wear chinos.

                    Comment


                      Hey gang, how can I post a photo from mobile?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GinghamKing View Post
                        Hey gang, how can I post a photo from mobile?
                        Get the Tapatalk app. I'd asked the same question. This seems to be the easiest I've found.


                        JW

                        Comment


                          Haven't post here in a while so here you go. Critiques welcome!


                          Edit: guess I should have retucked my shirt.. Looks like I have a gut 😡


                          Shirt: CT
                          Sweater: BR
                          Jeans: Levi 541
                          Shoes: AE Overlord

                          Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Took little lady #1 to the daddy daughter dance at church. Suited and booted, tried to keep it toned down a bit.
                            BR shirt and sweater
                            JackThreads Suit
                            AE Daltons
                            Weekender chrono on FFF leather stud band


                            JW

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                              Edit: guess I should have retucked my shirt.. Looks like I have a gut ��
                              You should get this! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                              I have it and use it quite often, does a damn good job of keeping the shirt tucked in no matter what you're doing. I don't like the ones that go down to your feet/socks cuz it feels weird when you're sitting. The thigh ones are perfect and you forget that they're on after a while.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by gsxr1000man View Post
                                Took little lady #1 to the daddy daughter dance at church. Suited and booted, tried to keep it toned down a bit.
                                BR shirt and sweater
                                JackThreads Suit
                                AE Daltons
                                Weekender chrono on FFF leather stud band


                                JW
                                I've been looking for a pair of grey herringbone trousers for a while now, and those suit pants look great. I've had mixed experience with JackThreads quality (a sportcoat that was pretty good, two sweaters that felt really flimsy and cheap). What's the quality on that suit like?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X