Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION] Thanks man! [MENTION=4081]Murph65[/MENTION] Thank you!I have no qualms sharing details, I just like the fit to speak for itself! My wardrobe is beginning to have a pretty large varity, from Old Navy to Canali. It all serves it's purpose in my rotation. That being said, anything high end that I do have, and a lot of my lower end stuff too, has either been thrifted, second hand, ebayed, or bought at an outlet for a significant discount, which I feel is still in the nature of this thread. My most expensive item is that brown SS jacket in the above picture, which in paid full price for. But that's it.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      SS jacket, SM shirt and pants, Target/Merona tie and PS, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        One more to cap off the week. A little bit of late fair isle action.

great combination of scarf and sweater.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

SS jacket, SM shirt and pants, Target/Merona tie and PS, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas.
          Target must have stepped up their ties since I purchased my last one. That is a great looking knot while my Merona knot looks like folded paper but I still hang onto it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            Target must have stepped up their ties since I purchased my last one. That is a great looking knot while my Merona knot looks like folded paper but I still hang onto it for some reason.
            This tie is circa 2009/2010 and a lot skinnier than I generally buy these days... knot is a double four-in-hand to beef it up a little.
            Ben

Comment

Really well done, [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14258]fiftyforfifty[/MENTION]. You've broadened my horizons.

Comment

This tie is circa 2009/2010 and a lot skinnier than I generally buy these days... knot is a double four-in-hand to beef it up a little.
                This is where short guys have it good. I'm 6 2 with a long torso and I can't ever get a good knot on a standard tie because I have to knot it so high. Doubling up the knot will eat up most of the tie.

Comment

Happy weekend!
                  Jcrew peacoat (thrifted)
                  Woolovers cardigan
                  Jcrew sweater (thrifted)
                  S&M shirt
                  Random denim (gap? Br?)
                  Fred Perry cashmere scarf (Xmas gift)
                  SuitSupply outlet monks
                  ...my wife's hat [emoji6]

Comment

Another excellent look, Leanderthal. I have two questions: could you comment on the SS shoes, and where is this magical thrift store in which you discover these great finds?

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                      Another excellent look, Leanderthal. I have two questions: could you comment on the SS shoes, and where is this magical thrift store in which you discover these great finds?
                      Thank you very much!

SS shoes are so so. It's hard to complain about them for $100. I would never pay full price for them though. These ones aren't what I had imagined when I bought them, the sole is thicker and wider, making them kind of chunky. Not at all what I was going for, but they actually turned out to be a great in between shoe

Haha, no magical thrift store. Just always on the lookout! I currently reside in the Seattle, WA area and there are Goodwills galore out here. You can find gold even at them if you're in the right neighborhood.

Comment

Caturday

Filson hat, GAP Factory jacket, LE hoodie, Levi's jeans, J.Crew x NB sneakers

And some gratuitous scenery

Ben

Comment

This is my Sunday morning church fit. Still in the 60s here in Texas so I'm trying to get all the use I can out of this tweed.
                          Really like this Jomers oxford. Tried to get a close-up of the shirt so y'all could see the bright blue in the plaid.
                          Specs:
                          Sportcoat: Bonobos
                          Shirt: Jomers
                          Belt: BR
                          Cords: JCrew
                          Shoes: JCrew
                          Watch: Orient Ray on C&B Leather NATO
                          Last edited by Pelennor; January 29, 2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelennor View Post
                            Still in the 60s here in Texas
                            :-|

I'd be in shorts and a t-shirt if it were 60 here
                            Ben

Comment

:-|

I'd be in shorts and a t-shirt if it were 60 here
                              Maybe it's just because it never gets cold here, but from everything I've heard from you it sounds like you live in Antarctica.

Comment

Caturday

Filson hat, GAP Factory jacket, LE hoodie, Levi's jeans, J.Crew x NB sneakers

And some gratuitous scenery

Nice hoodie by LE
                                Eat what is good for your health but
                                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X