This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I've started to store (currently in a dresser, but likely will need another place soon -- under bed, etc.) my not-in-season suits and sportcoats (and things like shorts, other than 1-2 pairs for vacation trips, ski gear, etc.) so I have enough room for this stuff. If you think Nashville is bad, try doing this in a NYC apartment that's probably the size of y'alls' closets
    hahaha Amen to that.
    I don't even have a closet for myself as the wife has filled all those up as I'm relegated to a clothing rack that has already run out of room.
    Oh yea, under bed is already filled with her seasonal items.

At this point, 1 in 1 out is the best policy from now on.

Comment

• [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] thanks man, that's exactly what I was going for. I felt like a neutral color would had just been a little mundane.

That jacket is a Ring Meister jacket. I purchased it from Luxe Swap on ebay. It's horse blanket tweed. I love it!

Man, I know... but I wanna pull of sprezz so oooooohhh baaaaad. That was my first attempt lol and it did clash even with my personality I felt. It was like "improper" feeling or something. I would need a beard, and longer hair... maybe some bracelets. (Damn my job)

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        Thank you! First time I've ever done the unbuttoned collar actually, just thought I would give it a whirl. Yes! I have been going for a high waist. I've discovered I have a long torso, so a high rise evens out the look and prevents my jacket from looking cropped. These are actually vintage Christian Dior. The rise is about 12.5".

I have a long torso too and I also felt something is off when I wear jackets. I guess a higher rise is the answer! Thanks for sharing the info! PS you always killing it, you and all the guys around this corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
          I have a long torso too and I also felt something is off when I wear jackets. I guess a higher rise is the answer! Thanks for sharing the info! PS you always killing it, you and all the guys around this corner.
          Can you imagine being Michael Phelps (6'4") and wearing suits? If you google him in a suit, it's quite odd because he has a really long torso and arms (that of a 6'7"-8" person), but really short legs (that of someone under 6').

Comment

• [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION] That was that answer for me at least. It really evened the look out. I have to get a very, very high rise for it to even look like I'm wearing a high rise. I've discovered 10 5/8" - 11" is about my sweet spot. Clean lines, comfortable, and it doesn't look like I'm wearing a "high rise" trouser. The ones in the previous picture have a ruse that is pushing 13", if that tells you anything!

And thank you so much for the compliment! Lots of good looks from everyone as of late.

Comment

• One more to cap off the week. A little bit of late fair isle action.

Comment

• Awesome look and I am really digging that scarf.

Comment

• Ben

Comment

• Very much appreciate the great fits guys, but what is with the failure to provide details? Not a good trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                      Very much appreciate the great fits guys, but what is with the failure to provide details? Not a good trend.
                      Detailing the make of each garment clutters the thread for those who don't especially care, and can cause more of a focus on the make of an item than the overall execution of the look. Can be a little intimidating for newcomers, given that Dappered is a site about affordable style.
                      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

• Good natured counterpoint:

Detailing the make adds information for those who are not particularly concerned with clutter and might want to know, "where can I get that?"

Also, many of the fits seem to be trending pretty high-end. It is informative to know if that looks so great because it is a $400 jacket.

Not in any way trying to quell posting.

Just seems like the norm used to be posting details, and that is changing. In my opinion, that's not good. If others overwhelmingly disagree, so be it.

Comment

• [MENTION=4081]Murph65[/MENTION] the fact that people's fits are trending high-end is part of the trend away from fit details generally speaking, if I recall correctly. That said, everyone on here is pretty good natured about sharing details if asked, and I definitely see where you're coming from.
                          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

• Completely agree that everyone is great about sharing details when asked.

I just would hate to see this place end up like AAAC or SF where it seems more like "Look at me!"

Adding details adds some humility, again, in my opinion.

Comment

• And I'm done commenting about that.

Killer outfit Leanderthal!

And love the jacket Ben. Is that the Suitsupply jacket that was on the outlet but kept coming up at full price when one clicked on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                                Good natured counterpoint:

Detailing the make adds information for those who are not particularly concerned with clutter and might want to know, "where can I get that?"

Also, many of the fits seem to be trending pretty high-end. It is informative to know if that looks so great because it is a $400 jacket.

Not in any way trying to quell posting.

Just seems like the norm used to be posting details, and that is changing. In my opinion, that's not good. If others overwhelmingly disagree, so be it.
                                I agree. I like the details.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X