This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] I see you made the PTO website again for your postings. Looks like you've been killing it of late. Nicely done.
    Haha, you saw it before I did again! Thank you very much man.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      You seemingly roll in a different part of NYC than I do At least you get to be the best dressed more often than not, from the sounds of it! Whether it's at work (in terms of suits, sportcoats, ties, etc.) or casually (jeans, casual jackets, streetwear-styled stuff), my friends put a lot of time and effort in... keeps me on my toes.
      Right on the nail. But then again, 'best dressed' is always open for interpretation depending on the crowd/venue.

Comment

During the lengthy waiting period for the Gustin Field Coat, I went through some phases of buyers remorse (especially not knowing how it would fit), but after wearing it for a bit, it was exactly the sort of casual, non-puffy top layer I needed in my rotation. First picture is a little backlit, but is actually fairly color-true.

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
          During the lengthy waiting period for the Gustin Field Coat, I went through some phases of buyers remorse (especially not knowing how it would fit), but after wearing it for a bit, it was exactly the sort of casual, non-puffy top layer I needed in my rotation. First picture is a little backlit, but is actually fairly color-true.

Looking good! Glad you like the field coat. I just backed the green variant recently.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              That TIE!

Comment

50 Shades of.... Purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                  50 Shades of.... Purple.
                  Excellently styled. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the buttondown collar not being buttoned, but I know that's a thing.

Have you been going for high-waisted pants mostly as of late?

Comment

Excellently styled. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the buttondown collar not being buttoned, but I know that's a thing.

Have you been going for high-waisted pants mostly as of late?
                    Thank you! First time I've ever done the unbuttoned collar actually, just thought I would give it a whirl. Yes! I have been going for a high waist. I've discovered I have a long torso, so a high rise evens out the look and prevents my jacket from looking cropped. These are actually vintage Christian Dior. The rise is about 12.5".

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                      Thank you! First time I've ever done the unbuttoned collar actually, just thought I would give it a whirl. Yes! I have been going for a high waist. I've discovered I have a long torso, so a high rise evens out the look and prevents my jacket from looking cropped. These are actually vintage Christian Dior. The rise is about 12.5".

Nice. Not sure whether it would fit me personally, but it admittedly does a nice job with presenting clean lines, no white triangle under the button, etc.

The sportcoat and purple theme is fantastic, one of my favorite colors and one I think is underutilized generally in men's attire. I used to wear more purple, but now just have a tie or two. I just ventured into some more colorful sportcoats and pants, may need to find one with purple worked in next time I'm in the market.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] I agree, purple is underutilized in mens attire. I admit, I just discovered it, and now I'm on a bit of a purple kick it looks well on most guys too.

Comment

I just ventured into some more colorful sportcoats and pants, may need to find one with purple worked in next time I'm in the market.
                          Your comment reminded me of this BR blazer in "burgundy" windowpane that they ran last fall (looks a lot like purple if that's what you want to see...). A really nice, subtle addition of color in a usually loud pattern. Too bad BR doesn't fit me all that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                            Your comment reminded me of this BR blazer in "burgundy" windowpane that they ran last fall (looks a lot like purple if that's what you want to see...). A really nice, subtle addition of color in a usually loud pattern. Too bad BR doesn't fit me all that well.

Nice thx for suggestion. I have a similar cost in green recently purchased (custom) that I really like and will need to find time to post a WIWT on. Also opted for the gun check below, adding a different base color and fun pattern to my sportcoat game, which I think I posted a bit ago. I have basic sportcoats as well, but these are more fun.

For four season sportcoats, I now have two blue base sportcoats (true blue/navy solid, blue and navy check), one brown base (with blue plaid/windowpane), one tan base (the above gun check) and one grey base (the aforementioned grey/green), so feel good where I'm at since I have a few seasonal winter and summer sportcoats as well. Selective additions (and likely upgrades/swaps) is the name of the game going forward.

Comment

@ Mr. Charles
                              Thanks man! I bounced back between green and navy so many times before I committed. I ended up picking up a green field coat from GAP to fill the hole, but the Gustin one is fantastic so far. I hope you like yours as much as I do!
                              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Nice thx for suggestion. I have a similar cost in green recently purchased (custom) that I really like and will need to find time to post a WIWT on. Also opted for the gun check below, adding a different base color and fun pattern to my sportcoat game, which I think I posted a bit ago. I have basic sportcoats as well, but these are more fun.

For four season sportcoats, I now have two blue base sportcoats (true blue/navy solid, blue and navy check), one brown base (with blue plaid/windowpane), one tan base (the above gun check) and one grey base (the aforementioned grey/green), so feel good where I'm at since I have a few seasonal winter and summer sportcoats as well. Selective additions (and likely upgrades/swaps) is the name of the game going forward.

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] That brown tie wouldn't happen to be from Kamakura, would it? If so, my wife got me the exact same one for the holidays and it's quickly become my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X