Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a little bit of pattern-mixing today. As always, comments on execution are welcomed.

side note: this jacket is technically speaking part of a suit, but I bought on deep discount to wear the jacket separate. Suggestions on shoe color and style with a full suit in this fabric?
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Dark brown brogues could work with a suit like that. Then again they can work with a lot of suits.

I kind of prefer using the jacket separately. Not sure if I could pull off a full suit in a windowpane check.

Comment

Terminado
        I dig the combination. It wouldn't fly where I work but it looks good for a night of drinking B-).

Mr. Charles
        With that beard you can wear whatever you want and look baller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Basic hump day navy suit. Giving the new Todd Snyder stretch (of Black Friday Nordstrom fame) a whirl. Feels fantastic and I'm wishing I had bought two. Paired with a cotton linen tie because why not.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] I see what you're saying. Both the jacket and trousers are casual enough that I imagine I'll primarily wear them as separates, but I do want to keep my options open on the suit front.
            [MENTION=15466]Well Dressed Frets[/MENTION] Thanks man! More than one big swath of pattern in an outfit is very new to me, but college is so casual that I have room to experiment.
            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                Basic hump day navy suit. Giving the new Todd Snyder stretch (of Black Friday Nordstrom fame) a whirl. Feels fantastic and I'm wishing I had bought two. Paired with a cotton linen tie because why not.

Looks great. How slim is it?

Comment

Still liking the look of the Explorer II LDB...

Comment

Looks great, Ben. Is that the Spier and Mackay blue gun check sportcoat?
                    Matt Dalton

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                      Looks great. How slim is it?
                      Not really that slim. I wear a 42R in S&M Contemporary and that is about as slim as my fatherly shape let's me go. I got a 42R in Todd Snyder Mayfair fit and the Todd Snyder jacket has a bit more room in the waist (thought about tailoring it but it's minor) and the pants have more room in the seat and thighs.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
                        Looks great, Ben. Is that the Spier and Mackay blue gun check sportcoat?
                        Yes! I like the brown one a little better but the blue one is good too.

Here is today... more Spier, first run with this blue textured suit after a tailoring SNAFU-induced delay.

Ben

Comment

WIWT

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] That suit & tie combo sure is purdy.

May I ask what went wrong at the tailor?

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] That suit & tie combo sure is purdy.

May I ask what went wrong at the tailor?
                            Nothing dramatic, they just hemmed a bunch of trousers I gave them way too long, had to bring them back in for a redo and a second test fit. They are still long for my taste (full break vs my preferred half break) but I don't care about it enough to make a stink at this point.

I only had the trousers hemmed and let out an inch in the seat, did not tailor the jackets at all (in part because there aren't any competent "real" tailors where I live, just seamstresses really, but also because I think the jackets fit fine OTR).
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Yes! I like the brown one a little better but the blue one is good too.

Here is today... more Spier, first run with this blue textured suit after a tailoring SNAFU-induced delay.

Very nice fabric with the blue textured too!

Any notable reason you like the brown gun check over the blue? Asking because I have been contemplating picking one of them up. Which would work better in a no-tie, more casual setting, or are the blue and brown equal in that regard?

Thanks Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Matt Dalton

Comment

@lbd love that tie.

Comment

Working...
                                X