Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Ryan Absolutely love the seersucker suit. I believe I will be ordering one from Bonobos later this week. Pricey at 400, but I got some store credit.

Comment

@MattC I'm not really good at this, but I can at least say that your sleeves are too long.

Comment

Yeah I need to get them tailored still. Really should get round to that :l

Comment

Blazer: INC ultralight

Shirt: Custom made in Korea

Tie: Express

Watch peeking out: Orient

Pants: Bonobos wool trousers

More cuff showing there than really does throughout the day. Also, ignore the unintentional lazy-man goatee.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Greg - Looks great!

Matt - A few general thoughts... The traditional thinking is that a button down collar is more casual and isn't worn with a tie. Plenty of modern fashion authorities throw that out the window, but for interviews, you're not dressing to showcase your fashion forward sense (unless you're applying for a fashion job!). You want to chart the classic course so that there's nothing distracting the person across the desk.

With the tie, I would consider buying skinnier ties. That's probably 3.5" at its widest. You don't have to swing to 2" ties, but something in between would match your lapels (especially if you get that Ludlow while working this summer!). In terms of colors, a green or maroon might play better with your navy blazer too. Purple can get busted out with a gray jacket, but it takes a certain kind of purple - to me - to blend with a navy blazer. If you haven't picked up the $5 Target white handkerchiefs to use as pocket squares, I highly recommend it!

You're _totally_ fine with those pants, and I like the break. But this outfit would be a good candidate for a grey wool dress pant. The shoes are good. Heh...I thought this was going to be a couple sentences. Oh well...food for thought as you plan what to buy this summer at J. Crew, at least!

Comment

@greg_s Not a comment on the outfit directly, but I really like your haircut.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

@ Jessy, it took me awhile to land on this haircut but I really like it these days. It's easy to do in the morning, takes about 1 minute, and stays well all day. When it is shorter it looks messier (which I like) and when it gets longer it sort of just transforms into the preppy side part look.

Comment

Meeting friends out a few nights ago, which happened to be a little chilly.

Cardigan: Merona

Shirt: J.Crew Factory

Tie: J.Crew(linen/cotton)

Pants: Alphas

Shoes: Lands' End

Comment

Here's a picture taken last night at a dinner party for work. Silly, I know, but I like the outfit.

Jacket: Banana Republic, cotton/linen blend

Pocket Square: Target

Shirt: Calvin Klein slim fit, via Macy's

Pants: Land's End tailored fit Chinos

Socks: Target?

Shoes: AE Player's Shoe

Comment

Clean and simple, I like it.

Comment

Sweater: Zara (bought in Europe years ago, actually really nice merino)

Shirt: Blank Label

Tie: Ermenegildo Zegna (thrifted)

Pants: Banana Republic

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Player's

Comment

First look I judge being interesting enough to be posted here. I'm still a beginner at dressing well and took a couple risks with this particular look.

I went out for dinner and drinks with friends and was WAY WAY overdressed (one guy was wearing a fleece zipped vest over a t-shirt, with khaki shorts and athletic white socks, just to give you an idea), but that's not a bad thing, right ?

No pocket square, but my collection is particularly lacking and didn't have anything that could benefit this outfit.

Linen blazer by H&M

Navy gingham tailored button down shirt by J.Crew Factory

Belt by Aldo

Dark rinse slim jeans by Old Navy

Red socks by Le 31 for Simons

Players's shoes in walnut by Allen Edmonds

Comment

I really like the belt/watch strap/socks combo. Very good matching.

Comment

I have that same blazer in Navy Blue and I got it for $70. Great deal and fits really well, though the quality isn't exactly top notch.

Comment

I suspect we're going to start seeing a lot of AE's in this thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X