Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] cool, thanks! I didn't realize people tailored selvedge?

    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] cool, thanks! I didn't realize people tailored selvedge?

      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
      Just taking up the hem a bit. I'll take it to the tailor that's the same that makes chipps ties, and have a good denim practice, will use original hem etc.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        Just taking up the hem a bit. I'll take it to the tailor that's the same that makes chipps ties, and have a good denim practice, will use original hem etc.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Ah, nice. I was just reading about it and it was said if the tailor doesn't have experience with that it will look effed up when cuffed. Not sure I trust my small town tailor enough... I'll stick with my beefy cuff [emoji4]

        Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

        Comment


          I've been breaking in my first pair of raw jeans as well, and just recently washed them had them hemmed by Paleo Denim here in Austin. They use a vintage chain stitch machine, charge $25, and you can ship them to and fro.

          They did an an excellent job, quickly, on mine and I'll be using them again to take up a pair I just picked up from a forum member here.

          Details here.
          Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
          Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
          --Jason Isbell

          Comment


            Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
            I finally broke down and bought a pair of raw selvedge. A birthday present to myself! Day one of breaking them in this weekend.


            Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
            Happy Birthday Man, and you are getting better and better in presenting yourself in photographs.
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

            Comment


              Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
              Happy Birthday Man, and you are getting better and better in presenting yourself in photographs.
              Thanks Fitfty!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                Ah, nice. I was just reading about it and it was said if the tailor doesn't have experience with that it will look effed up when cuffed. Not sure I trust my small town tailor enough... I'll stick with my beefy cuff [emoji4]

                Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by BillN View Post
                I've been breaking in my first pair of raw jeans as well, and just recently washed them had them hemmed by Paleo Denim here in Austin. They use a vintage chain stitch machine, charge $25, and you can ship them to and fro.

                They did an an excellent job, quickly, on mine and I'll be using them again to take up a pair I just picked up from a forum member here.

                Details here.
                I'm sure some denim heads would scoff at how I'm breaking in mine. More of an experiment than anything, but hopefully they'll come out nicely. I am due for a wash and hem sometime soon... that place looks legit, and way far south on Manchaca! I lived off of Manchaca for a bit during grad school, before it was cool

                Comment


                  [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] If you're in NYC you can have a chain stitch hem done at Blue in Green or Self Edge. Both places specialize in selvedge denim. To be honest though the chain stitch is somewhat overrated. I wouldn't get the original hem put back on either as it tends to look pretty bad after a while. From my experience a standard single needle lockstitch is the best.

                  Comment


                    [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] congrats on getting featured on PTO! Saw your posting on their website the other day.

                    Comment


                      I did?! Thanks, I'll have to check they out!

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        I'm sure some denim heads would scoff at how I'm breaking in mine. More of an experiment than anything, but hopefully they'll come out nicely. I am due for a wash and hem sometime soon... that place looks legit, and way far south on Manchaca! I lived off of Manchaca for a bit during grad school, before it was cool
                        And, getting cooler. This town is almost unrecognizable as the place I moved to a decade ago.

                        As for breaking in, I could care less about sick fades; I just wore them until I felt like it was time to wash them and tossed them into the laundry. Seems to be working out.
                        Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                        Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                        --Jason Isbell

                        Comment


                          Day two with the selvedge

                          Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            As always, critiques welcome and encouraged!





                            Shirt: LL Bean
                            Jeans: BR Slim Kaihara Selvedge
                            Sweater: BR
                            Boots: Wolverine 1000 Mile in No. 8

                            Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Looks good. I don't know if it's just me but I always leave the top button on my sweaters unbuttoned as well as the bottom.
                              Beard game is on point btw[emoji108]

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                Looks good. I don't know if it's just me but I always leave the top button on my sweaters unbuttoned as well as the bottom.
                                Beard game is on point btw[emoji108]
                                Thank you! I'll have to give the top button a try.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X