This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token View Post
    He's definitely better dressed than 99% of guys his age group. If you think that wearing a tie would be too dressed up then just go tieless to make the outfit more casual, there's no need to force something into your outfit if you're not confident enough to wear it as intended. A tie is meant to go with a buttoned collar to frame your face
    and torso, like how a jacket is meant to be buttoned while standing to give more shape to your outline: sure you don't have to follow those rules, but they exist because they make you look better.

Either way, my original comment is nitpicking: if I saw him on the street dressed like that my first reaction would be "he's well dressed" not "why's his top button unbuttoned?"
    I think with certain shirts this look somehow ends up looking better as well, but it's a fair comment regardless. It's definitely not something I would do with something like a suit and real dress shoes.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      I bought and old DSRL a little while ago and just started experimenting. I'm not a great photographer, but I know what works and what doesn't. I'll configure the setting and the angles I want, and then I just find someone to stand where I tell them to and take a few shots lol

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
      Camera and lens detail? You've got some nice depth of field going on there. I feel like I've asked this before haha

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
        Camera and lens detail? You've got some nice depth of field going on there. I feel like I've asked this before haha
        Thanks man. Canon rebel t3... And a $100 "pancake" lense from Amazon. And I lot of experimenting haha.

Comment

I finally broke down and bought a pair of raw selvedge. A birthday present to myself! Day one of breaking them in this weekend.

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] Looking good and happy birthday!

Comment

Hey thanks [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]!

Comment

I finally broke down and bought a pair of raw selvedge. A birthday present to myself! Day one of breaking them in this weekend.

Congrats! Taylor Stitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                  Congrats! Taylor Stitch?

Thanks! Nah, Naked and Famous. Bought them from a local denim shop I came across

Comment

Thanks! Nah, Naked and Famous. Bought them from a local denim shop I came across

Nice. My TS selvedge raw denim also has the fifth pocket white to seam as well, but guess it's more prevalent. My first pair of fancy jeans...

Comment

Nice. My TS selvedge raw denim also has the fifth pocket white to seam as well, but guess it's more prevalent. My first pair of fancy jeans...

It's a nice touch, I like it! My first pair of fancy jeans too. Been wanting a pair for a long time. I feel I may have opened a whole new can of worms... haha. How do you like the Taylor Stitch?

Comment

It's a nice touch, I like it! My first pair of fancy jeans too. Been wanting a pair for a long time. I feel I may have opened a whole new can of worms... haha. How do you like the Taylor Stitch?

Big fan, but i guess nothing to really compare it to. Good heavy denim, clean look and a good cut that fits me well.

Comment

Big fan, but i guess nothing to really compare it to. Good heavy denim, clean look and a good cut that fits me well.

How do you care for yours? Wash them, soak them, don't wash them, take a bath with them on? Haha I've heard lots of things. In know a lot of guys will never wash them to get that desired fade, but I'm more partial to a clean look. I've read if you soak them it will lock the Indigo in better?

Comment

Your cuff game is next level there. I am guessing you bought those longer than normal?

Comment

How do you care for yours? Wash them, soak them, don't wash them, take a bath with them on? Haha I've heard lots of things. In know a lot of guys will never wash them to get that desired fade, but I'm more partial to a clean look. I've read if you soak them it will lock the Indigo in better?

Mine will need tailoring, as they're way too long (even with cuffing, I have to roll them two or three times). However, I've worn them a ton and have yet to wash mine. I wanted to make sure they wear in a bit before washing once then getting tailored. Not sure I'm the best to tell you the best method but that's what I've done so far. Haven't started to smell or anything either, and the indigo hasn't really rubbed off on anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post
                                Your cuff game is next level there. I am guessing you bought those longer than normal?
                                Raw selvedge typically only comes in a one length inseam. 34"-36", depending on the brand, seems to be about the norm. That's why you always see them cuffed, as well as to show off the selvedge. I cuffed them long there so I could shoe off the edge stitching too. if I want a cleaner look I'll just double cuff it.

Comment

Working...
                                X