Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Didn't wear this today. Actually wore it to a wedding a while ago. Just posting for the jacket, really (unfortunately, no full-length shot with it).

    http://i.imgur.com/4Iqzr3q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/A1qGdzy.jpg

    Jacket: Schott (654 VN)
    Sweater: Bonobos
    Chinos: Bonobos
    Shirt: Spier & Mackay
    Tie: Berg & Berg

    Comment


      Originally posted by burban View Post
      Dear Sirs-

      Both of you kindly take a long walk off a short pier. You know, the kind where if we did it here, we'd be fine, because the body of water below is frozen solid.

      Signed,

      Everyone North of the Mason-Dixon Line.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Supposed to hit negative temperatures here next week, and dapper or no dapper I will be wearing at least one puffy.

      [MENTION=15466]Well Dressed Frets[/MENTION] thanks man! The collar roll on your shirt is killer, by the way.
      Duncan

      I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

      Comment


        [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I like the overall look, but personally I'm not a fan of unbuttoned collar + tie even if it is a knit tie. It comes off a bit like you were forced into wearing a tie so you chose to unbutton the top.

        [MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION] Awesome jacket
        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

        Comment


          [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]
          Understandable. I think it works out better with some fits than others, but generally speaking I try to dress things down in small ways for a campus where most everyone dresses like a hike might occur without warning
          Duncan

          I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

          Comment


            Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Who makes that suit? I'm a big fan of it

            Comment


              Originally posted by beaver View Post
              [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Who makes that suit? I'm a big fan of it
              Spier and Mackay. It was dirt cheap on final sale, too. Looks like they only have it left in 36 slim.

              http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...t___final_sale
              Ben

              Comment


                Too small for me, I fit 38-40 depending on the brand. Beautiful suit though, event better at that price.

                Comment


                  If only it were a 36s, I just might have made an exception to my current no spending policy

                  Comment




                    JCF suit, sweater, and bow tie, JC shirt.
                    Ben

                    Comment


                      [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] ever thought about making your own bowties? I follow a guy on Instagram and every now and then he posts a shot of some material he purchased to make a bowtie with.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                        JCF suit, sweater, and bow tie, JC shirt.
                        Awesome shade of JCF sweater
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Token View Post
                          [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I like the overall look, but personally I'm not a fan of unbuttoned collar + tie even if it is a knit tie. It comes off a bit like you were forced into wearing a tie so you chose to unbutton the top.
                          I think it works given his age and the informality of the rest of the outfit (denim, work boots). It's maybe not something I would wear as a 30-year-old working guy but I think it is age appropriate for a college student wearing a jacket + tie casually.
                          Ben

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                            Didn't wear this today. Actually wore it to a wedding a while ago. Just posting for the jacket, really (unfortunately, no full-length shot with it).

                            This face right here is meme-worthy
                            Ben

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                              Didn't wear this today. Actually wore it to a wedding a while ago. Just posting for the jacket, really (unfortunately, no full-length shot with it).

                              http://i.imgur.com/4Iqzr3q.jpg
                              http://i.imgur.com/A1qGdzy.jpg

                              Jacket: Schott (654 VN)
                              Sweater: Bonobos
                              Chinos: Bonobos
                              Shirt: Spier & Mackay
                              Tie: Berg & Berg
                              LOVE the leather jacket

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                I think it works given his age and the informality of the rest of the outfit (denim, work boots). It's maybe not something I would wear as a 30-year-old working guy but I think it is age appropriate for a college student wearing a jacket + tie casually.
                                He's definitely better dressed than 99% of guys his age group. If you think that wearing a tie would be too dressed up then just go tieless to make the outfit more casual, there's no need to force something into your outfit if you're not confident enough to wear it as intended. A tie is meant to go with a buttoned collar to frame your face
                                and torso, like how a jacket is meant to be buttoned while standing to give more shape to your outline: sure you don't have to follow those rules, but they exist because they make you look better.

                                Either way, my original comment is nitpicking: if I saw him on the street dressed like that my first reaction would be "he's well dressed" not "why's his top button unbuttoned?"
                                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X