This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - Looks great! My jacket has stripes of blue, green, red, and orange in it. Yours looks similar but I love the button color and patch pockets.
    [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - I am wearing my Chipp rust grenadine today as well though not with that beautiful of a knot. I get a fat stubby knot since it is so thick but the dimple comes through.
    My experience with Chipp grenadine is the same but with difficult dimple. I feel that the underlining is too thick or it could be the custom width (3.5), but I can say with certainty that the end result is by far worse than [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - Looks great! My jacket has stripes of blue, green, red, and orange in it. Yours looks similar but I love the button color and patch pockets.
      Thanks, dude! Yeah, yours is a more colorful version, mine is a tan base, brown and olive check with blue windowpane overlay. Your extra colors are fun, I could see myself getting more colorful eventually, but am building from the ground up in terms of my sportcoats. I'm really happy with the button color on it, as well as opting for patch pockets. Those details give the jacket a bit more lively flavor than a lot of my sportcoats which tend toward formal/traditional/conservative. The LP fabric is also buttery smooth, you can really tell the difference vs. lower level fabrics (not to say it justifies the extra cost entirely, but it is rather nice!).

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - steller look today! [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - I remember you saying something sometime back about Chipps being tough to get a could knot. This is my first Chipps, and it's first wear. it wasn't the easiest knot I've tied, but I was pretty pleased with the end result. It held good too. But man, even if it didn't I love this color!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - steller look today! [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - I remember you saying something sometime back about Chipps being tough to get a could knot. This is my first Chipps, and it's first wear. it wasn't the easiest knot I've tied, but I was pretty pleased with the end result. It held good too. But man, even if it didn't I love this color!

Thanks man -- and the rust Chipps is a great color, their colors generally are hard to beat! I own too many to admit, but the wine and rust colors are my favorites. They pair with so much of my wardrobe really well and serve as defaults if I'm having trouble with picking a tie out.

Talk about the Chipps knot issue made me look back and see how nasty my knot looks in those pics... it looks better in person, just caught at a bad angle toward the camera. Mine (from the last year or two) definitely tie thicker than a lot of my ties, but I kind of like the look.

Also thinking a navy tie might have done better here, and/or maybe some darker slacks. But the slacks here are more woolen/wintery which I liked for today and the brown was to mimic JBarwick's nice fit from earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            Thanks, dude! Yeah, yours is a more colorful version, mine is a tan base, brown and olive check with blue windowpane overlay. Your extra colors are fun, I could see myself getting more colorful eventually, but am building from the ground up in terms of my sportcoats. I'm really happy with the button color on it, as well as opting for patch pockets. Those details give the jacket a bit more lively flavor than a lot of my sportcoats which tend toward formal/traditional/conservative. The LP fabric is also buttery smooth, you can really tell the difference vs. lower level fabrics (not to say it justifies the extra cost entirely, but it is rather nice!).
            Well, if the picture wasn't enough, then you just sold me with that. Great looking jacket and agree that the patch pockets were the right call. I used to avoid them but found that the style generally works better for a business casual wardrobe. Way more versatile IMO.

Comment

Some great looks this week. Here's my contribution -- hopefully better than my usual grainy office pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                Very well done gentlemen.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - great tie for that fit. Love it with the shirt

Comment

Where do you handsome bastards get your pocket squares? Such amazing textures and interesting patterns here.....makes me want to order every single one that Gagliardi makes!

Comment

Tread lightly down the pocket square path, quicksand lies beneath.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                        Tread lightly down the pocket square path, quicksand lies beneath.
                        This is exactly what I have been avoiding. I have a standard white, a patterned blue and then a few white w/ colored borders. I really want to get some more interesting ones but I know I would go wild with purchases if I did.

Comment

A window into my obsession. $140 in ebay money:

This is in addition to the five I already own. But some of the new ones will likely be sold to pay for the rest of them.

Apologies for the thread derail.

Comment

Second day on the new job.

Suitsupply suit, SM shirt, LE tie, AE shoes
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
                              Where do you handsome bastards get your pocket squares? Such amazing textures and interesting patterns here.....makes me want to order every single one that Gagliardi makes!
                              Haha! [MENTION=2422]jonATL[/MENTION] speaks the truth. I think I'm up to about 60 squares I buy mostly from Gagliardi. They recently had 30% which is like $10. Can't beat that. I also love Kent Wang for squares, but at $45+ a pop it's a rare treat. Definitely unique and as versatile as they come IMO though.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Second day on the new job.

Suitsupply suit, SM shirt, LE tie, AE shoes
                                Interesting that the white balance completely changes the color of the suit. What's the model of the watch?

Comment

Working...
                                X