This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I'll have to take a picture of my recent MTM sportcoat, which is Loro Piana as well and looks very similar to that -- safe/sad to say I paid a lot more for mine, but it's something I've been looking to get for a while.
    Yea, MTM is expensive. My tailor charges $1K+ and doesn't allow much variability in terms of style. This one has held up pretty well over the past year so I doubt I would need to upgrade for another 2-3 years depending on the job environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Yea, MTM is expensive. My tailor charges $1K+ and doesn't allow much variability in terms of style. This one has held up pretty well over the past year so I doubt I would need to upgrade for another 2-3 years depending on the job environment.
      Yeah, you seem to get some nice fits from OTR/tailoring, so not necessary to get MTM necessarily. I went overboard this year in terms of what suits/sportcoats I got, but I've also tried to be strategic in terms of what I've bought--so that none overlap a ton and each sees a good bit of use. Currently my suits aren't getting a ton of use, but when I wear suits it tends to come in clumps, so need a decent number to wear. I'm hoping to be even more selective in my adds in 2017... but we shall see, I do really enjoy new sportcoats...

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        The jacket is from Bruce Field out of Paris. It is a fused jacket but made with Loro Piana Super 120s fabric and I got it for 99 euros while over there. Bruce Field is somehow able to source great fabrics and sell sport coats at a reasonable price though with some Euro fashion forward flair (thinner lapels, slightly cropped jackets). Once this wears out, I will figure out how to replace it with the same fabric but better construction.
        Thanks for the info. I've had my eyes peeled for something similar for a while but without any luck. Feel like I'm going to need to broaden my horizons to find what I'm looking for...

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        I'll have to take a picture of my recent MTM sportcoat, which is Loro Piana as well and looks very similar to that -- safe/sad to say I paid a lot more for mine, but it's something I've been looking to get for a while.
        Please do. Interested to see which direction you went with styling and how it turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          TFW you wear chinos because there's no way you'll be in court on the first day of your new job

And then you get a close-up on the news

Congrats on the brush with fame. Is that a Facebook live feed they played on the local news or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by burban View Post
            Congrats on the brush with fame. Is that a Facebook live feed they played on the local news or what?
            Yeah. Local paper did Facebook livestream or whatever. Arraignment of a homicide defendant. Friend of mine texted me about it while we were still doing the rest of the arraignments/bail hearings.
            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
              thrifted Jcrew Bayswater coat
              Thrifted Land's End sweater
              Thrifted Jcrew bowery chino
              Jcf shirt
              Stafford Deacon boots

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
              Thrift Fit! Sweeeeeeet.

Comment

Yeah. Local paper did Facebook livestream or whatever. Arraignment of a homicide defendant. Friend of mine texted me about it while we were still doing the rest of the arraignments/bail hearings.
                It's nice, now you don't even have to wait for stories to be posted on the newspaper websites to get idiotic comments, you get them real-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                  Thrift Fit! Sweeeeeeet.
                  Boohyah!

Comment

TFW you wear chinos because there's no way you'll be in court on the first day of your new job

I hope you also get to informally serve as image consultant for your client. Dude isn't doing himself any favors rolling into court like that.

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Is this the brown S&M jacket? I am going back and forth between the brown and the blue, especially now that the price is even lower. Thoughts?

These are my current sportscoats: navy SuSu Hanava, a navy/gray/olive plaid(ish) jacket from Ader Milan, a light brown hounds-tooth with rush/olive overcheck Southwich, a green/gray LBM 1911 and a darker brown with burgundy windopane (Brooks Brother's Own/Southwick). I also have a light brown HB from S&M which is linen/wool and a warmer weather item.

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post

Please do. Interested to see which direction you went with styling and how it turns out.
                          Excuse my less than optimal lighting and photo skills, but here's me doing my best [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] impersonation:

Tried to get another pic up but got the error message again... ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• WIWT

Guess a smaller version works!

Details: Knot Standard jacket, lands end pants, chipp tie and Ratio shirt. AE for Club Monaco suede double monks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• SuitSupply
                              S&M
                              Chipps
                              Gagliardi square
                              Thrifted flannels
                              AE strands

Comment

• [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - Looks great! My jacket has stripes of blue, green, red, and orange in it. Yours looks similar but I love the button color and patch pockets.
                                [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - I am wearing my Chipp rust grenadine today as well though not with that beautiful of a knot. I get a fat stubby knot since it is so thick but the dimple comes through.

Comment

Working...
                                X