Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK... Here's my casual Friday look for today: http://mikeedesign.tumblr.com/post/22381127517/wiwt-shirt-forever-21-jeans-h-m-shoes

Shirt: Forever 21

Jeans: H&M (LOGG)

Shoes: Aldo

Taking into account the advice I've received thus far about adding height to my short stature: vertical stripes, long-sleeves, no cuffed pants.

Comment

@Tat: You might wanna get a refund from your wedding photographer. You've got giant black dots where the faces should be! Also, nice jacket. :-)

Comment

@Alan: This made me laugh, I dont know why, but it did. Well played.

Comment

Seersucker time!

Jacket: Bonobos

Shirt: Blank Label

Pocket Square: tiebar.com

Knots: eBay

Shoes: Scarpe di Bianco

Pants: Rugby Slim Fit Chino in Cream

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Rockin the southern dandy feel. More power to you man.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@Ryan: Good thing you don't live me. I might have to steal that jacket. :-)

Comment

@Alan - thanks, just imagine what it looks like with the pants! Love the full suit, but thought I'd mix and match today.

Comment

Nice Ryan! I really want a seersucker suit sometime.

What shirt would you guys recommend be my first french cuff? I like the look, but it doesn't seem versatile enough for me at the moment. (I've only got 3 dress shirts right now)

Comment

@Ryan that seersucker jacket looks awesome man!

@thmage I dunno if this would apply to you but I was in the same situation this past year, and I started checking out thrift stores near me and I found 3 basically new brook's brothers french cuff shirts for like $30 total...I've only worn them maybe 5 times total since then though haha

Comment

@thmage - great idea from Pitt, especially if you are just incorporating or you don't wear them often. I wear suits 6/7 days per week and usually where a french cuff shirt 4 or 5x per week. Once you start wearing them, it's easy to get used to and you can have a lot of fun with different colored silk knots.

Comment

More traditionally, one wouldn't pair the formality of a french cuff with something so casual as a seersucker jacket/suit, but you paired it well. From the closeup, it looks like the shirt may be a broader cloth than usual, which moves it in the right direction.

In other news, wore my navy seersucker pants this weekend for a derby party and got rave reviews. Without the jacket to match, very few people noticed that they weren't slacks/chinos, which solidified in my head that I'll be perfectly fine wearing them to the office this summer.

Comment

Figured I'd join in for the first time. Interviewing for an internship position this summer!

http://imgur.com/a/diNdy

Please ignore the messy dorm room. The joys of being a freshman.

Comment

@MattC You should undo the last button of your jacket. Oh and good luck with the interview!

Comment

Good luck! I'll hold off on any suggestions until later because you need to be confident in that outfit instead of second guessing.

Nice catch, Jessy!

Comment

Oh I already had the interview, it went really well! So hit me with everything you've got Nicholas :P

Comment

Working...
                                X