Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=2422]jonATL[/MENTION] - Thanks, you too! Did Mashburn does warehouse sales? I did not know about this....

    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      [MENTION=2422]jonATL[/MENTION] I did not know about this....
      I've been to both of them so far. They're kind of a mess, and the employees get first crack at the stuff the night before. I did, however, pick up a pair of these for $200: http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/foot...-balmoral.html in addition to the jacket (http://www.redclaysoul.com/?p=4752), which was $100. Add in two ties and an Ann Mashburn scarf for my wife, and ... things got a bit expensive.

      Here's a good writeup of the first one: http://www.redclaysoul.com/?p=6387

      Comment


        Originally posted by jonATL View Post
        I did, however, pick up a pair of these for $200: http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/foot...-balmoral.html in addition to the jacket ([url]http://

        Here's a good writeup
        $200? That's pretty great! I only have a pocket square and a scarf from his line, but I really like his stuff. Just $$$.

        Today

        thrifted Jcrew Bayswater coat
        Thrifted Land's End sweater
        Thrifted Jcrew bowery chino
        Jcf shirt
        Stafford Deacon boots


        Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Another person with a Bayswater! Looking good!

          Comment




            Business mullet. Not totally feeling it. The trousers I really wanted to wear (mid blue pinhead trousers) are still at the tailor tho.

            SM jacket, shirt, and tie, Levi's jeans, AE boots
            Ben

            Comment


              Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


              Business mullet. Not totally feeling it. The trousers I really wanted to wear (mid blue pinhead trousers) are still at the tailor tho.

              SM jacket, shirt, and tie, Levi's jeans, AE boots
              Not feeling it either with the jeans. In fact it would be best with off white/khaki chinos, or taupe/olive/beige wool trousers.

              Cheers.

              Comment


                I have some khaki/taupe POW wool trousers I considered wearing but it seemed like a lot of brown.
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  I have some khaki/taupe POW wool trousers I considered wearing but it seemed like a lot of brown.
                  I've tried the dark brown on top of khaki before and it felt like too much brown to me, too. However, it can look really good, especially if you get a lighter crisp khaki vs. a darker version. I definitely almost always opt for a blue/navy option for pants when pairing with brown up top.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                    thrifted Jcrew Bayswater coat
                    Thrifted Land's End sweater
                    Thrifted Jcrew bowery chino
                    Jcf shirt
                    Stafford Deacon boots
                    That sweater is pretty badass. I have trouble pairing crewneck sweaters with buttondowns, but the casual feel is right at home here.

                    Comment


                      [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] - yeah, I just picked it up! Pretty excited about it.
                      [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - Thank you much! I typically don't do a button down under a crewneck either. I threw it under on a whim, and it came out pretty good!

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                        Business mullet. Not totally feeling it. The trousers I really wanted to wear (mid blue pinhead trousers) are still at the tailor tho.

                        SM jacket, shirt, and tie, Levi's jeans, AE boots
                        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        I've tried the dark brown on top of khaki before and it felt like too much brown to me, too. However, it can look really good, especially if you get a lighter crisp khaki vs. a darker version. I definitely almost always opt for a blue/navy option for pants when pairing with brown up top.
                        Off white (winter flannels) can work particularly well. Khaki chinos can work if crisp and not too dark. If you were to go that route, I would use a plain dark navy or green tie instead.

                        In general I find that mid brown jackets don't work well with as many pants as darker brown ones (which I wear commonly with light and mid gray wool trousers; sometimes charcoal, or olive).

                        I think the jacket in question can work well with off white and beige. But with a different tie.

                        Cheers.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                          Business mullet. Not totally feeling it. The trousers I really wanted to wear (mid blue pinhead trousers) are still at the tailor tho.

                          SM jacket, shirt, and tie, Levi's jeans, AE boots
                          I have this S&M tie also. I really like it, but I found it awkward to wear with SC/trousers. I had that business mullet feeling too. I wore it with blue wool trousers and a brown herringbone jacket, and it just didn't jive. I really liked the idea of it, but I think it's better off worn with a suit.

                          Comment


                            I'm definitely going to try this jacket out again with the mid blue trousers I mentioned earlier. It's actually a suit jacket (those trousers are also at the tailor) so we'll see how much I ever feel like wearing it as an odd jacket. I might try it with off-white chinos or denim in warmer months.

                            Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                            I have this S&M tie also. I really like it, but I found it awkward to wear with SC/trousers. I had that business mullet feeling too. I wore it with blue wool trousers and a brown herringbone jacket, and it just didn't jive. I really liked the idea of it, but I think it's better off worn with a suit.
                            Yeah I think I'm mostly getting the business mullet feel from how (relatively) formal the top of this outfit is compared to the jeans. I would consider wearing this jacket again with jeans but probably with a button-down shirt and something like a knit tie. The jeans were kind of an afterthought to this outfit after I decided the khaki POW trousers I'd picked made everything too brown.
                            Ben

                            Comment


                              ^ i agree with this. Your previous outfit with a navy or (wait for it) cream knit would be awesome.

                              Comment


                                Part deux



                                SM jacket + shirt, JCP tie, LE chinos, AE boots
                                Ben

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X