X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
    Details on those boots??
    AE First Ave in brown country grain with Dainite sole.

Rest of outfit: JC jacket, LE shirt and trousers, JCF bow tie, VSA watch on C&B strap
    Ben

Comment

Those first aves are hot.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went with a pretty casual look for work today. Turns out it doesn't take a lot to be best dressed at a pediatric office.
        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Trying to channel some Christmas today... Not sure if it worked.

Shirt: Izod
          Sweater: BR
          Pants: Bonobos moleskin
          Shoes: AE Dundee 2.0 in loden

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Mid week casual fit.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying out my second new bow tie. BR suit, JC shirt, JCF bow tie and sweater, Citizen watch, AE boots.

I can't compete with [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]'s skillz but I also took this glamour shot style iPhone selfie.

BR topcoat and Faribault Woolen Mills scarf
              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 21, 2016, 02:25 PM.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                Mid week casual fit.

is that that suitsupply cardigan? I bought it but ended up returning it

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  BR topcoat and Faribault Woolen Mills scarf
                  That overcoat is baller. I'm getting a new one (hopefully delivered today), but sadly just a basic color vs. pattern. Yours' pattern reminds me a bit of the coat Benedict Cumberbatch wears in Sherlock.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    That overcoat is baller. I'm getting a new one (hopefully delivered today), but sadly just a basic color vs. pattern. Yours' pattern reminds me a bit of the coat Benedict Cumberbatch wears in Sherlock.
                    Thanks! This was one of the savvier Dappered-induced impulse purchases I've made over the years. Best part is it works with seemingly every possible suit/sportcoat I wear it with (charcoal, navy, blue, mid grey, light grey, black tux).
                    Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] - Bruh, that's a top notch shot! Especially for a selfie. Already been said, but great overcoat! [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] - No, it's actually Land's End Canvas. $49! I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm not a big SuitSupply fan outside of some of their jackets, and some of their shoes if it's an outlet.

Comment

Apropos of very little, but some guy who was probably a scam artist came into my office, demanded a meeting, told me a sad story to make me feel bad, tried to convince me to loan him money. (Who tries to get a sympathy loan from a law firm...?) Strange and uncomfortable encounter but as I showed him the door he made a comment (trying to rib me in a faux friendly way) about how in about ten years maybe I'll be a nicer guy (by giving money to strangers apparently) and maybe I'll stop wearing bow ties and start wearing real ties.

I wanted to laugh in his face for any number of reasons, but especially because this is literally the second time in my life I've ever worn a bow tie in a non-black tie setting.
                        Ben

Comment

Interesting place to ask for money LesserBD!

Continuing breaking in this leather jacket when we get a light rain

Got some saddle soap so I'll need to sit down with all my leather stuff soon.

Jacket - thrifted DKNY
                          Vest - J.Crew
                          Watch- great great great grandpa
                          OCBD - JCF
                          LEVI 501
                          Chelsea - Asos that are holding up surprisingly well for an experiment purchase

Oh and some clip on suspenders from h&m?

Comment

Apropos of very little, but some guy who was probably a scam artist came into my office, demanded a meeting, told me a sad story to make me feel bad, tried to convince me to loan him money. (Who tries to get a sympathy loan from a law firm...?) Strange and uncomfortable encounter but as I showed him the door he made a comment (trying to rib me in a faux friendly way) about how in about ten years maybe I'll be a nicer guy (by giving money to strangers apparently) and maybe I'll stop wearing bow ties and start wearing real ties.

I wanted to laugh in his face for any number of reasons, but especially because this is literally the second time in my life I've ever worn a bow tie in a non-black tie setting.
                            Ahaha the old sympathy loan. Our loan department always sees a few of these around the holidays, people can get mean/dangerous pretty quickly when they hear "no".

FWIW I think the bow tie looks great and definitely is a "real" tie. To this day I still can't quite wrap my head around tying a good bow tie not.

Comment

Dude sounds lost in more ways than one. If anything, lawyers take money from people, not give it out

Comment

I feel like maybe he was scoping our office because I can't believe he seriously thought lawyers would give him money.

But our office is tiny (2.5 attorneys and .5 secretary) with nothing valuable aside from a few run-of-the-mill PCs with Bates stamping and OCR software and five gazillion terabytes of very non-juicy client documents.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X