X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] noooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=14375]dangerpenguin[/MENTION] Ha! I didn't say there was anything wrong with the look. Just that I was rocking it a couple of years back. Since picking up my camel colour JC Ludlow coat though, I've moved away from the look.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
        [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] noooooo
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Is that one of those attached liners to the SC or a separate piece? Either way, can't say I am a fan

Comment

The puffer under sportcoat look is still relatively popular up here in NYC; you even see it in business attire / offices with suits and ties. Whenever I see it, I find myself thinking that either the guy should buy a real sweater or a real overcoat. It also makes me wonder if his suit is just too big for him. I just don't think it should be done when the intent is to hit business attire, and overall it comes off as a bit adolescent to me. I also am just generally not a puffer coat or vest fan, so that factors in. I can see it if it's with a very informal sportcoat maybe... maybe...

No offense to those who enjoy the look (you shouldn't care what I think anyway), just my $0.02.

Comment

Wearing the bajeezus out of this velvet blazer before it goes back to the closet to collect dust on January 2. Dressed for work and for a post-work holiday party.

JCP jacket, LE shirt, Gitman tie, JCF trousers, Costco belt, VSA watch, AE First Ave boots
            Ben

Comment

P.S. I totally do the puffy vest/jacket under/over a blazer thing. Not very often. For example I wore a thin red puffer vest with this quintet gig outfit because it was cold out but didn't want to wear my topcoat because A) I was mostly sitting in a car while wearing outerwear (gig about an hour drive away) and B) pulling a topcoat on/off this velvet jacket is kind of a pain because of how grabby the velvet is and how structured the shoulders of this jacket are.

While trying a case in Williston, ND in winter I once wore a slim puffer under my suit jacket under my topcoat... because it was -20┬░F and ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I also have big puffer coats that I wear casually all the time.
              Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] tend to agree with you; especially if you're in a full suit. I wear mine mostly out of convenience/necessity -- frequently in a SC for work (biz casual) but it's not always cold enough for the overcoat, so this is my compromise for warmth while commuting. Unlike a sweater, it's also easy to shed for the weird warm/cold winter weather we get (extreme but real example: Saturday's high is 73, low is 23. The joys of Texas.).

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] it's separate -- Patagonia ultralight down. Doesn't give the Stay Puft effect like the original down vests and jackets.

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] lol, no worries- thought it was a pretty funny coincidence. Lucky I don't include my face with pictures or I might get Crying Jordan'd today.

Comment

Rogue One tonight so I brought out my most unique accessory.
                  Jacket: Barbour Bedale
                  OCBD: JCF
                  Belt: RL
                  Denim: BR Traveler
                  Shoes (not pictures): Clarks
                  Lightsaber: Custom from FX Saber Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Pelennor View Post

That lightsaber is awesome!
                    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Pelennor View Post

[MENTION=14958]Pelennor[/MENTION] The Force is very strong with that outfit!
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

[MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] Thanks man!
                        [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] Thanks! I've brought it out for the releases of the new movies, it's a blast showing it to people at the theater.

Comment

Sid Mashburn suit, Brioni shirt, Black Fleece tie, PS by Put This On, AE Park Aves:

Bonobos santa drinking champagne bowtie, Jack Spade shirt and trousers, BB Fitz blazer, Cuccinelli ps:

Comment

Ugly sweater party

Sweater: eBay
                            Watch: Casio diver
                            Belt: Perry Ellis Portfolio fabric
                            Jeans: Old Navy selvedge
                            Socks: Happy Socks
                            Sneakers: Vans
                            Antlers: Forced on me by my domestic partner and co-host #pickingmybattles

Comment

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Dear god. Remind me to never go wherever you are in the winter lol.

[MENTION=14978]JohnnySnow626[/MENTION] those are quite the antlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X