Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's tasteful holiday flair incarnate, LBD. Digging it.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
      Office Christmas party. Yes I know the rules I'm currently breaking lol..

Tuxedo Jacket: JCF
      Pants: Lands End
      Shoes: JC
      Shirt: Calvin Klein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Great example of how proper fit is so much more important than following every single rule to a T.
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

WIWT

Been a while, so figured I'd do a quick and dirty WIWT on this cold and rainy/snowy Monday in NYC. Maiden voyage of my new cordovan Daltons!

Barbour coat, Ratio shirt, LE slacks, AE Daltons and random scarf and gloves. And Davek umbrella.

Added boot shot now that I'm in the office:

Last edited by hornsup84; December 12, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          Been a while, so figured I'd do a quick and dirty WIWT on this cold and rainy/snowy Monday in NYC. Maiden voyage of my new cordovan Daltons!
          GodDAMN dude those look good.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

Barbour coat, Ratio shirt, LE slacks, AE Daltons and random scarf and gloves. And Davek umbrella.

Added boot shot now that I'm in the office:

Beautiful boots! Really like the classic navy / grey / burgundy combo

Comment

Easing myself into daily jacket+tie. This kind of rumpled professor thing will probably be "Fridays only" at my new job tho....

Bonobos chino jacket, JC shirt, thrifted wool tie, Levi's cords, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas, VSA watch
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
                Office Christmas party. Yes I know the rules I'm currently breaking lol..

Tuxedo Jacket: JCF
                Pants: Lands End
                Shoes: JC
                Shirt: Calvin Klein

Wore those same pants to my office party with a navy velvet blazer. Got lots of compliments. One person asked me who I was wearing. I didn't understand until she said she meant the designer. I was happy to tell her blazer by JCP and slacks on half off from LE. I love being frugal but still looking good.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - Those Dalton's are the perfect shade of red. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Symphony holiday concert... they encouraged "tasteful holiday flair" so I decided to toe the edge of concert attire propriety a little and get more bang for my buck out of this $45 JCP velvet blazer.

JCP jacket, JCF tux trousers, LE shirt, JC bow tie and cummerbund, Stafford cap toe boots. Not pictured: Nomos Orion Weiss on black calf strap.
                    Is this the same concert for which you were agonizing between distasteful color choices a while ago? If so, this was an excellent alternative, and well-done regardless!
                    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                      Is this the same concert for which you were agonizing between distasteful color choices a while ago? If so, this was an excellent alternative, and well-done regardless!
                      No, that was a little brass quintet gig where we played a church and a rest home.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
                        GodDAMN dude those look good.
                        Originally posted by Token View Post
                        Beautiful boots! Really like the classic navy / grey / burgundy combo
                        Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        Those Dalton's are the perfect shade of red. Enjoy!
                        Much appreciated, fellas. I'm pretty excited as to how they turned out (they had to make my pair because they were out of my size in the burgundy cordovan Daltons). I like that the burgundy is a bit more subdued in tone, but still a strong color, relative to the oxblood calfskin versions--which are still nice, but I preferred this coloring. Am looking forward to breaking them in a little and wearing for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by lgball View Post
                          Wore those same pants to my office party with a navy velvet blazer. Got lots of compliments. One person asked me who I was wearing. I didn't understand until she said she meant the designer. I was happy to tell her blazer by JCP and slacks on half off from LE. I love being frugal but still looking good.
                          Amen to that

Comment

Rainy day clothes

Comment

First WIWT in a while, feeling those mid-December vibes right now.
                              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] love the boots. Starting to make me think it's time to take the plunge and pick up a pair of boots like that, or something similar, too.

[MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] nice look. What watch are you sporting?

Comment

Working...
                                X