Rainy day

Comment

Cold and rainy road day.

Sport coat: Uniqlo
      Sweater: Uniqlo
      Shirt: J. Crew
      Jeans: Gustin
      Boots: JCP
      Last edited by BillN; December 6, 2016, 05:26 PM.
      Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
      Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
      --Jason Isbell

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - are those your Bexley Chelsea boots? How do you find the quality? Their price point seems pretty decent for a Blake stitch. How is the quality of the leather?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - are those your Bexley Chelsea boots? How do you find the quality? Their price point seems pretty decent for a Blake stitch. How is the quality of the leather?

Yea these are my Bexley's.

Quality: Leather is thin but with trees in them, you can get by this. I bought these in 2012 so over 4 years they have held up well. For 100 Euros (when I bought 2 pairs) these have been a good deal.
          Welt: They are also their goodyear welted variety which I don't think they make many varieties anymore.
          Last: This is the biggest deal breaker. There is little online information for comparing the lasts so in this boot I am a EU46 but I have another shoe on a different last where I am a complete size down. They could sell a lot more if they provided last information online but they don't.

Like I have mentioned before, I think, is to buy these in store as I wouldn't recommend them online due to the last issues and finding the right size. Plus their website is a bit of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            Yea these are my Bexley's.

Quality: Leather is thin but with trees in them, you can get by this. I bought these in 2012 so over 4 years they have held up well. For 100 Euros (when I bought 2 pairs) these have been a good deal.
            Welt: They are also their goodyear welted variety which I don't think they make many varieties anymore.
            Last: This is the biggest deal breaker. There is little online information for comparing the lasts so in this boot I am a EU46 but I have another shoe on a different last where I am a complete size down. They could sell a lot more if they provided last information online but they don't.

Like I have mentioned before, I think, is to buy these in store as I wouldn't recommend them online due to the last issues and finding the right size. Plus their website is a bit of a mess.
            Great, thank you! Yes, I can't find hardly anything on their sizing, and their website is not very helpful. Couple that with shipping returns to/from USA.. bummer. Seems like a great quality to value. Those look great for 4 years! I like the whole outfit today btw

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
              Cold and rainy road day.

Soortcoat: Uniqlo
              Sweater: Uniqlo
              Shirt: J. Crew
              Jeans: Gustin
              Boots: JCP
              That looks great and is an awesome example of how to put together less expensive clothes

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                That looks great and is an awesome example of how to put together less expensive clothes
                Thanks! I actually really like the Uniqlo tweed and the sweater, especially for the money. Not sure how they'll resist pilling, but so far so good.
                Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  Rainy day

I like the all texture, especially the tie and scarf!

Comment

Long time no WIWT.

Below zero, not-quite-conservative business dress...

BR topcoat, JC jacket, Peregrine merino cap, Outdoor Research glo-mitts, S&M shirt, Robert Talbott wool tie, LE flannel trousers, VSA field watch, Nordstrom 1901 leather chukkas (not shown)
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Long time no WIWT.

BR topcoat, JC jacket, Peregrine merino cap, Outdoor Research glo-mitts, S&M shirt, Robert Talbott wool tie, LE flannel trousers, VSA field watch, Nordstrom 1901 leather chukkas (not shown)
                      Awesome textures, looks super cozy. What JCrew jacket is that, and which fit do you wear for the LE trousers? I haven't tried LE for pants yet, but I've been debating it for a while. I have two sportcoats from them that I love.

Comment

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
                        Awesome textures, looks super cozy. What JCrew jacket is that, and which fit do you wear for the LE trousers? I haven't tried LE for pants yet, but I've been debating it for a while. I have two sportcoats from them that I love.
                        The jacket is one I've had for four or five years so no clue except that it is a navy-charcoal tweed herringbone Ludlow. The trousers are also a year or two old and are tailored fit.
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          Long time no WIWT.

Excellent topcoat, and you are holding someone who is looking great too.
                          Eat what is good for your health but
                          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Office Christmas party. Yes I know the rules I'm currently breaking lol..

Tuxedo Jacket: JCF
                            Pants: Lands End
                            Shoes: JC
                            Shirt: Calvin Klein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great JHB, and it's for a party so I don't think the rules *need* to be followed as much as for a formal ceremony.

My Christmas party outfit

Narrow, mid gray, pinstripe flannel 3 piece I thrifted. Havn't been tailored yet. Might of been my greatest thrift find if I didn't live somewhere so warm and actually anything business-related to wear it.

Comment

Symphony holiday concert... they encouraged "tasteful holiday flair" so I decided to toe the edge of concert attire propriety a little and get more bang for my buck out of this $45 JCP velvet blazer.

JCP jacket, JCF tux trousers, LE shirt, JC bow tie and cummerbund, Stafford cap toe boots. Not pictured: Nomos Orion Weiss on black calf strap.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X