This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Always get a little sad seeing amazing layering shots from everyone here. My genetics are terrible and I get hot incredibly easily. Bit of central heat turned on at work yesterday while wearing a standard wool suit and I was pretty warm with the jacket on. Wearing my peacoat over top walking to my car and I was quite warm (was about 0C outside). Story doesn't change much when it gets down to -40. Obviously I'm not warm when outside in it, but temperature indoors is still always warm enough to bug me.

I don't think there's a time of the year that I could ever wear a suit/blazer with a sweater over a long-sleeved shirt and not sweat all day. Similarly, I have some lambswool sweaters and even with the temperatures down I get very warm wearing them under regular coats and instead opt for my JCF vest when I can.

TLDR: Wish my genetics let me layer and survive indoors during winter. Summer is a whole other horror story, but at least let me have winter
    I think my company imports your Canadian air and pumps it full blast in our office. I have closed the vents in my office and still get cold but I do not wear my SC all of the time. I generally wear it to the car, into work, then leaving work.

I bet you could find some barely there sweaters if you want to layer or maybe even sweater vests.

Comment

[MENTION=9026]mooseontheloose[/MENTION] I actually tend to have a really similar problem, since I basically live in American Canada. Ordered a couple of the JCF merino v-necks and they're serving me well so far even with some pretty serious layering.
      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
        Where can one see more of that tie?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Baptiste Grenouille View Post
          Where can one see more of that tie?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
          Ancient Madder paisly, by ETRO.

Comment

simply classic, and Tie is too good
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Ancient Madder paisly, by ETRO.

This kind of tie looks best when shown only a bit of it, as pictured under a sweater; otherwise, it's loud.

Am I right? I've been wanting to get a paisley tie but I'm afraid it's not versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                This kind of tie looks best when shown only a bit of it, as pictured under a sweater; otherwise, it's loud.

Am I right? I've been wanting to get a paisley tie but I'm afraid it's not versatile.
                I agree with this. I can't see myself wearing something like this into the office.

Comment

Ehhh I thought it was a very subdued tie as far as paisley goes. It probably reads as solid from more than a couple feet away.
                  Ben

Comment

I dunno, paisly is usually loud but the Ancient Madder dulls it down. This is the only paisly tie I own, and I got it because of the muted tone.

I really love the way Drake's uses vibrant colors and patterns in their fall look book, but they still manage to not let it overwhelm.
                    https://www.drakes.com/editorial/autumn-winter-2016
                    I think that I could shop solely at Drake's... accept I literally can't afford anything from them, haha. I love the style they put forth.

Comment

SS
                      S&M
                      Thrifted silk/wool tie
                      Gagliardi ps

Comment

I dunno, paisly is usually loud but the Ancient Madder dulls it down. This is the only paisly tie I own, and I got it because of the muted tone.

I really love the way Drake's uses vibrant colors and patterns in their fall look book, but they still manage to not let it overwhelm.
                        https://www.drakes.com/editorial/autumn-winter-2016
                        I think that I could shop solely at Drake's... accept I literally can't afford anything from them, haha. I love the style they put forth.

Huge fan of Drake's here as well. The only paisley tie I own is also from them: navy/burgundy ancient madder. One of my favorite ties.
                        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                          Huge fan of Drake's here as well. The only paisley tie I own is also from them: navy/burgundy ancient madder. One of my favorite ties.
                          Yes! They have some fantastic Madders.

Comment

Comment

When I grow up I want to become like [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] oh, wait, too late already, maybe in my next life.

I have a light grey sport coat and I'm not fond of the light contrast between the shirt and the jacket. Can't fix it with dark shirt (not a fan of it either). But I guess the way you wear your scarf is the solution LOL. Now I need a dark scarf (and I thought my wardrobe was complete already LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                                When I grow up I want to become like [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION]
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X