Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also Alan, FWIW, tie bar has TONS of ties in that pattern if you're looking for something similar. or target obviously

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag...ptionValueIds=

Comment

@Nicholas, does pulling the larger side to the left instead of the right before going back around change the not a lot?

Comment

Hmm...I'd have to try to see what you're saying. I'll check and get back to you.

Comment

not sure how to post pictures, but in step 4 for the Nicky Knot the big and small ends of the tie are on the same side before wrapping around, but on the Pratt they are on opposite sides. Seems like it might make the Nicky Knot longer.

http://www.totieatie.com/nicky.asp

http://www.totieatie.com/pratt.asp

Comment

I figured some unusual pants warranted some unusual shoes...

Pants: LEC plum chinos (you know the ones)

Shoes: Bruno Magli navy suede loafers (ebayed)

These LEC chinos have kind of a high rise, but they're the only slim pants I've ever put on that I could fit into. granted, I've lost about 5 pounds recently so my typical 34's are all a little more comfortable right now.

... and yes, I have big feet. :-P

Comment

My manager's response to the purple pants: "I'm just glad you can code!" (He's just giving me a hard time, though.)

Comment

Haha that's funny!

Comment

Haha Alan, liking the boss' response, and also liking the pants with the loafers!

It was the Mrs. teachers college formal on friday, I like events that let me wear my favourite suit Unfortunately I forgot to pack my pocketsquare so I felt a little naked

I am on the right (my friend on the left needs to visit these forums :P) and my better half is next to me in teal.

And now just the 2 of us with the absolute worst glassf fake champagne I have ever had in my life. Being in the wine industry and banquet hall wines dont mix well

suit: Versace

shirt: Jack lipson

tie: Eros

tieclip: dont remember where I got it haha

Comment

I like the colors in the outfit

Comment

got my cordial churchman tie in and wore it yesterday. lots of compliments.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Nice! I'm a bowtie guy at times. I like theirs, but I wish they were a bit slimmer.

Comment

@lance pretty sure almost every tie has the option at checkout for various sizes. i went with standard.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig = which tie is that from the cordial churchman? I'm looking a thick and hefty bowtie (almost boxy and straight across), one that isn't too thin and bowtie-shape.

Comment

its the reverse madra seersucker.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Thanks tdig, I never made it as far as the checkout.

Comment

Working...
                                X